What do you do after a breakup?

• cut all contact
  • go off on him one last time and then move on
  • find an hobby
    Vote C
I really wanna go off on him, should I or would it make me look bad?

84

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the situation, really. If we were friends before we dated and decided to remain friends after, I might take some time away from being around him or talking to him before trying to get back to "normal", but eventually I'll be friends with him again.

If we were not friends before we dated but we ended amicably, I'll probably stop talking to him for the most part, but I will be friendly when we run into each other and probably still stay connected on social media (unless it gets to be too painful and makes me miss him every time I see him post, then I'll delete or unfollow). If we developed mutual friends while we were together, I'll be friendly with him if and when we get invited to the same events, etc.

If we ended poorly, like he cheated, accused me of cheating, lied about something big or blackmailed me or something, then I'd cut all contact completely and avoid talking to him if I run into him.

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 7

• Depends on the situation. :)
    I find it's always best to give yourself one good cry. One dramatic, ugly, snot-nosed, heartbroken, screaming in a pillow, sobbing on the floor like a toddler cry. Then pick your chin up and smile.

It is ALWAYS best to cut all contact. It's a necessary ingredient for your healing process. If you don't have to be reminded of who they are, what they're about, and their life then it will be easier for you to move forward. Days with decreased thoughts of them will increase thoughts of other wonderful things.
    Finding a hobby is also really important because it's so useful to have a craft in this world! It's healthy and fun. :)

Going off on him may not be a bad idea depending on how bad he screwed you over or shitted all over you. People always say not to but I've done my fair share of going off then completely ignoring an ex. My going off gave him a quick reality check on how huge of an ass he is and he came crawling back and begging with tears.

• I do both, I cut of all contact, hangout with my friends then find a hobby that I can make millions at.

Nothing better than seeing a wealthy ex live happy without you.

• It's over move on.

• I eat ice cream, and move on :)

• Cut off all contact

• I cut all contact and find a hobby.

• cut all contact.