Wondering what could have been?

Has anyone ever felt like if you lets say stayed in one place and didn't move, you would be in love right now? I used to live in a city and I went to a catholic elementary school and everyone was so amazing especially this one guy who was the most amazing person I'll ever know. But then we moved in the middle of grade six and I've never seen any of them again except recently on Facebook but it's not the same. If I have actually stayed, things would be so different, we would be in love and my life would do a complete 180. Has anyone ever felt like that or has been in a similar situation? I mean there are so many things I wish happened differently in my life. Whenever I think about it, I feel depressed and sad because I miss everyone and we didn't get a chance to grow up together and it just kills me. I wish I could go back and be there and I feel like my whole life I'll feel like something or someone is missing from my life, it kills me.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah when I was younger that was a big issue but now I realize there are other people out there and maybe the guy I'm with is good or maybe there's better but as long as you are open to possibilities, that's probably a good strategy and also to realize you never know if you may bump into this guy again

What Guys Said 2

• I had the same situation, except that I had to move away from my girlfriend/first love. But I don't think that I'd be with her today if I hadn't moved.

What you're doing is imagining what would have been excluding the difficulties, challenges, obstacles, and general confusions of growing up. Your life would not be anything like what you imagine it would be. Your life actually would be very similar to what it is now. There's just be different names, faces and weather.

• My story is just the opposite. I moved from Illinois to Arizona & met a girl that moved from California to Arizona. You will meet someone too & think the sane way as I do. WOW what a great change of events. If I hadn't moved then I would have never met this person.

There really is more than one soul mate out there.

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes I think about stuff like that, but I don't like to do it a lot, it just makes me depressed.