How can I become a divorce attorney?

84

Most Helpful Guy

• Go to college, pick a field/major that will help on your LSAT's.
    Most people pick philosophy or political science... plenty of other options.

Pass the LSAT's, go to law school and focus in your studies on divorce attorneys then pass the Bar exam.

Not sure what country you're from so they're might be some differences.

Most Helpful Girl

• First you need a bachelor's degree. Don't do the usual English History or Political Science, they are useless if your law school plan doesn't work out.

You take the LSAT. Nothing in college will prepare you for that, it tests your logic, reasoning, and reading comprehension. Brain puzzles are the most helpful preparation and their are LSAT prep courses that some people take but they are not necessary. I took them with no preparation.

You apply for law school. If you get in you go. This will be another 3years of school. There is no specializing in a type of law, it is all inclusive. But taking your electives in Domestic Relations related courses is important.

IF you survive the hell that is law school, and it takes a pretty screwed up individual to do so, then graduate and take the bar exam for the state you wish to practice in. The bar is only given in July (starts tomorrow actually) and February.
    When you pass, it takes about 3 months to find out, you will be sworn in in your state then you can start practicing.

The biggest thing I can tell you though is you never practice what you set out to practice. There are too many lawyers and not enough jobs. In order to find a job you have to be open to doing what is going to pay the bills. The other thing is law school teaches you nothing about actually being a lawyer, you have to learn that all on your own.

What Guys Said 3

• Go to college.
    Study law.
    Specialize.
    Receive degree.
    Get hired at Law Firm.
    Dance hard techno.

• Why would you aspire to stand in the middle of two people that want to shit down each others throat? Everyday must be hell. You don't even make that much money and will likely have cancer by the time you are 40.

• ahahahahaha,

• lol... it must make you think of people in a certain way lol

• @LonelyLillie13 I like people. I just wouldn't feel comfortable profiting from their misery. Orchestrating the worst moments of one's life doesn't seem like an admirable direction in life.

• Go to university. Look it up. I'm not an expert, but everything's on Google

What Girls Said 7

• Well, first you want to finish high school and go to university for something you can do well enough in to be accepted into law school. Then you attend law school, specialize in family law and graduate and pass the bar exam.

• I literally don't understand why this was downvoted. Same thing other people have been telling you.

• Go to law school.

• Go to law school

• Pick up a degree. I reccomend history or political science.

Apply to law school.

Take up family court law.

• law school presumably?

• you need to be a natural bitch though, I would only want a killer bitch for a lawyer.