Am I going to lose my friends because of this?

My friends are in a marriage that is headed towards divorce. I have been friends with both parties in the couple for over ten years and don't feel it right to bash or side with either one, but he I guess in his anger with her and the marriage, has asummed I'm more friends with her then him, and has completely stopped talking to me even though I literally have been totally univolved with what's happening between them. I love them both dearly and am struggling to be around either because I don't want to hear them bashing each other, nor do I want to lose out on my friendship with either one of them no matter how it turns out. There's no cheating, no abuse, nothing like that, they've just fallen out of love with each other. Am I going to end up losing my friends? Is there any way I can convince them that I'm there as a friend still for both of them?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Divorce sucks!!! Friendships do get lost. In some cases they come back around but just give it time to air out. People get paranoid that someone they like and respect is getting poisoned with the details and they are embarrassed it isn't you. Give it time to air out love is patient and kind and doesn't hang on to past crap. So be patient and forgive them later cause they are an emotional wreck. They know not what they do. I went years without talking to my friend after her divorce we were like sisters. I felt like my divorce gave her the impression that being single was better and I felt guilty and I saw her going off the deep end and I didn't recognize her. And a couple years later I decided to hell out at a Starbucks " Allie I don't hate you!' And she was like I am so glad you said that I missed you so much! We had a great conversation. It was awesome

What Guys Said 1

• The usual outcome is that you will lose at least one of them. You will naturally feel more loyal to one than the other.

What Girls Said 1

• You can only tell them you love them both and refuse to take sides. However, from personal experience you will probably lose one of them.