Highschool sweetheart dumped me after 7 years, liking my instagram photos?

Out of pretty much nowhere he became very withdrawn, decided he didn't know if this relationship was right for us anymore. This was about 2 months ago, and I have not contacted him at all since the break up. He has been liking my pictures on instagram for the past few weeks and I dont understand why. Any advice is appreciated.

Also I know he's been hooking up with random girls since we've broken up. Which really hurts

42

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose it would hurt if he hooked up with multiple girls after braking up from a 7 year relationship but he's not doing anything wrong because you're broken up.

If you want to rethink your relationship and possible get back then by all means persue him, but if not then shut him out of your life completely. Even through social media.

Start fresh! Find a better guy!
    You're obviously going to miss him because you've been with him for such a long time but you can move past this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in his own softie spot here, dear, there is usually motive in mind when it might come the time When... Liking my instagram photos.
    You both share some history and being together for '7 years,' he got what I refer to as "The seven year itch," which is when he grew restless and began giving you lame duck excuses that he wasn't sure 'If this relationship was right for us anymore.'
    He is most likely Missing the Kissing and in giving you helpful hints without all the hymning and hawing, he is pushing a button on his end that could mean One of two Things: He wants to reunite or he just want to be a friend with no being hooked at the hip like two birds of a feather.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• trying to cushion u from the breakup or he changed his mind - probably not to the last one

did u hook up with him? if u did he was just playing u and is proly playing others.

• No I didn't hook up with him. Haven't talked to him since the break up

What Girls Said 3

• I think he's bent out of shape because you are posting selfies on Instagram. A bunch of guys are probably admiring you and he's feeling insecure.

• I'm going through a similar situation, I think he just wants to get your attention. Since you haven't contacted at all it's making him wonder if he did the right thing, or where your feelings are in this situation. Do you both follow each other on IG?

• He still likes you.

• I'm not sure if that's the case or if he's just trying to mess with me. And make me think of him