I don't have a license?

Since I don't go out much, since I don't have a license. I went to 2 dating sites, and there's a guy there that seems like pretty much perfect in his personality anyways. The 1st site I went to just thought he was cute/hot, and the next one had a bigger bio on him and was just like wow I wanna know this guy he sounds like the type id want to be with. I also saw him on MySpace but his profile was private.

I just got out of a long relationship that lasted almost 5 years, and its been almost 7 months, but I don't think he's coming back since he's off at boot camp, I know I've talked to him a lot on here lol.

My I guess question is, I don't know what to do, like I don't know what to say if I message him on one of the dating sites or on his MySpace. I don't think I should message him on all 3 since that may sound stalkerish lol, and I don't want to sound like that obviously. I already faved him and winked at him on both sites, but didn't message him yet since I don't know what to say other then maybe a 'hi, I saw you on some sites and you sound like someone id want to date, do you have an AIM SN so we can chat?'

Like to really talk and meet this guy but downer is that I don't have a license, I would have gotten it last summer but my ex left me very heartbroken so I didn't want to do much of anything then, but now that he's at boot camp things have been easier.

Any tips or something, thanks!

11

What Guys Said 1

• i have no idea where to begin with your question because it seems like its like 87 different questions in one.

1. about the license - my dad always taught me that getting a drivers license is something of a rite of passage of sorts, something you need to have to really be able to call yourself an adult. that has sort of been instilled in me so even if you don't go out much I would suggest getting the license just the same.

2. about how to contact the guy: just send him a message, but try to be friends first, not dates. don't mention anything about dating, just say hi, be friendly, start a conversation.

What Girls Said 1

• First tip, you can see a great profile on a site but meet the person and have no chemistry. Worse yet, a lot of people do not look like their photos, so he may not be as hot in person as you think. Why am I telling you this? Because you will be able to make better decisions about contacting him if you are not so head-over-heels certain he is a great catch. I find it is easier to talk to someone that you think is okay and has potential than someone you already think could be really great. We just get plain silly when we already think a guy is amazing, especially when we can already imagine ourselves in a relationship with someone we don't even know.

Further, you have already made contact. You winked at him on 2 sites and faved him. If he is interested, he will contact you. If he isn't, let it go. Meeting people online has some definite drawbacks, including the fact that the person may not be that sincere about dating anyone.

As far as your license, if a guy is really interested in you, he will drive to you, not the other way around. If he is really interested, you will work out the details on how to meet that works for you. Separate from all of this, go get your license. Do it for you, not because you are or are not going to meet someone.