Girls, How can I break up with my girlfriend?

I've been dating my girlfriend for about three months now. I thought she was great but she was horrible. I just don't feel anything for her anymore. What's the best way to break it up but in a positive way? Thanks

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell her and let her know why you don't want to be with her.

What Girls Said 3

• Be upfront but not harsh. Like "I really don't see this working long term. I thought it was something it wasn't and I think it would be best if we no longer saw one another." Don't leave any wiggle room. She may not want to break up and pull the "what can I do differently" card. If that happens pull the classic "it isn't anything you're doing, I'm just not feeling it" be curteous of her feelings, but you don't have to cater to them. This is a relationship of three months after all, not three years. You two haven't invested all that much time in one another yet. At the end of the conversation wish her well, and tell her you hope she finds what she's looking for. And be a gentleman... Break up in person.

• If you don't want to be friends afterward, don't leave the door open for that possibility. Find a nice way to say it. Instead of "Oh yeah, and I don't want to stay friends afterwards, just so you know," try something like "You know that I care for you. I just don't think it will be healthy for either of us to stay friends immediately after we break up. Hopefully sometime down the road, when we've both figured stuff out, we can get to that place."

• Tell her that you don't really have feelings for her anymore and that you can't really see a future with her. I wouldn't mention that she's 'horrible' now though.