Why I'm still sad when I heard the news that my ex is getting married?

I completely move on, it's been 2 years since we're split, and I'm the one who ended the relationship, and walks aways whenever he asked me to go back to him. I think I've already too angry and can't forgive him, and have no feeling at all towards him. but suddenly I heard the news that he's getting marry soon just now, and I feel terribly sad. why is that? I have no feeling to him, and it makes me sick to feel this thing honestly...

57

Most Helpful Girl

• We often times compare our lives to others an when we see others get blessed we automatically think it's because they deserved it and we didn't. We beat ourselves up and think we are not worthy. The truth of the matter is we need to stop looking at others blessings and take a look at all the blessings God gives us every day! Honestly think about it regardless how small it is. You never know your break up could have and still is a blessing for you both! Besides you don't know what goes on behind closed doors or what their future holds!! All you can do is concentrate on your life.. Ask the questions how can I grow from this? Why am I really feeling like this? Is there something inside of me that needs to be worked on that I am missing? Take this as a growth opportunity.. Don't be jealous be grateful God is showing you something.. Hardships bring growth!!

• thanks for your comment, yes you're right. everything happens for a reason.
      if it meant to be, i will be...
      I have faith for all of these...

What Guys Said 7

• Perhaps your feelings were a bit more complicated than you previously realized.

Usually, after a breakup, many people harbor the hope that the problems or difficulties will be resolved and they will be reunited. When you finally hear that your ex has moved on, is dating, involved in a sexual relationship with someone else. . . it makes people feel that all hope has been removed, that they are no longer the most important person in their ex's life, and it is like burying a loved one after they have died. All of the sadness and despair of a breakup gets concentrated in those moments when the news is settling in and registering in our soul.

• Maybe your subconsciously jealous that he found someone first?

• You're sad/jealous that he's doing better than you.
    You thought you were irreplaceable but turns out you are.

It's always hard seeing you're ex happier than you especially if you're the one that cut it off

• You didn't want him, someone else did. He got married and in your mind your sad that he's doing better than you are when you're the one who broke up with him? I Donno, just a theory.

• It might be because

- you have still feelings for him
    - you are jealous because your ex gets married before you
    - you are selfish or
    - He left you with bad memories

or another reason

• I left him for some reasons, and at the same time, I was too busy took care of my late mum who is really sick coz of cancer, and on that time, I was completely gave up on him, and focus all my attention to my late mum.
      I don't know about the selfishness..

• As i said you may have 'another reason', so it does not necessarily mean you are selfish.

• sometimes it can be like that fam , just try to ignore it, you get me fam?

• perhaps you simply just blocked your feeling away.

What Girls Said 4

• You did share a piece of yourself with him. You may have moved on but it is hard to think that he can be able to move past you, so now that he has it hurts to know that you were forgettable.

• I think it is a late reaction to your break up like it happened to me once and it is not something to worry about ;)

• Its understandable to feel like that, the fact that someone who meant so much to you is now spending their whole life with someone else.

• Are you getting married?