How do I move on from my ex?

My story...

My ex messages me online, tells me pretty much this...

"I don't know if you realized this, but I'm breaking up with you. I hope you're not mad because I want to be friends. If you are, then whatever." He signs on, writes this, and signs off immediately after, not giving me a chance to say anything to him. I'm not even sure why he dumped me.

This is a week after he ditches a date. He never told me why he didn't come. I didn't say anything, cause I though maybe something happened, and I didn't want to nag at him and drive him away. When I messaged him back about the break up, he didn't respond back. I never talked to him after that. Unfortunately, I keep thinking about him. He kept stroking my leg and such in front of other people, so I feel like maybe he dumped me cause I didn't put out for him? He was doing this since the first date, and I don't want to go back to that. But, I miss his personality, as he was great to be around. I'm sort of wishing he meant his "wish to be friends," cause then I'd be around him. How do I move on from this?
How do I move on from my ex?
2
2