Girls, I broke up with my girlfriend because she never defends me when her friends are mean to me. Was this a good reason to break up with her?

Girls, i broke up with my girlfriend because she never defends me when her friends are mean to me. Was this a good reason to break up with her?

• Yes
  • No
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

5

Most Helpful Girl

• If her girl friends were just messing around, then you have no sense of humour and did your ex a favour by extracting your killjoy self from her circle.

If her girl friends were mean, passive aggressive or downright rude and bitchy to you and she didn't say a thing, then it's kind of justified.

I mean, I say some nasty-ass shit to the abusive asshole my best friend's sister married, but he's still there. I wish he had your mindset and just fuck off.

But if some hoes were talking shit about my boyfriend, I'd definitely have something to say.

What Girls Said 4

• Were you acting like an asshole (thus providing valid reasons for her friends to dislike you)?
    - No > Break up with her
    - Yes > You're in the wrong and her friends are just looking out for her. Work out your personality issues or they will harm the relationship.

Are her friends naturally mean people?
    - No > Then why are they mean to you? There has to be a reason.
    - Yes > Then why is she friends with them? Is she like this too (& maybe you just didn't know about that side of her) > If yes, then break up

Basic pattern of analysis:
    Is there a reason?
    Yes > find out what that reason is, and if it's valid, work it out. If the reason is invalid > break up.
    No > Break up. You shouldn't date someone who tolerates others disrespecting you for no reason.

• Yes because in a relationship you need to depends and cheer up each others even in a simple way why her friends are so mean to u? Maybe u did something wrong that made them mean to u

• indeed it was. dont feel insecure about you decision

• Are you not a man?

• If my friends were mean to her and I didn't defend her and she broke up with me for it, would you ask her if she is not a woman?

• Yes I would ask her the same thing, it's not hard to stick up for yourself you don't need your boyfriend or girlfriend to do it for you and, It's totally different if they were calling you a POS or something along those lines, but for you to break up with your girlfriend because she didn't stick up for you is ridiculous. I don't even see why it bothers you, don't hang around them and it won't happen.

• When i stick up for myself she defends them