How to get my ex to leave me alone?

I broke up with my ex boyfriend a couple days ago. I just wasn't feeling the relationship anymore, my dad didn't like him, and he was getting a little creepy -- he would follow me around school, ask everyone he could where I was, and he constantly texted me.

I mean, I don't care if he isn't over it yet because that's perfectly okay. The problem is, it's like he doesn't care I BROKE UP WITH HIM! I said I wanted to move on because there was no future with this relationship and my dad didn't approve and he said "Okay. That's fine. Maybe we can go bowling one day and your dad will change his mind." I was and still am thoroughly annoyed. He continuously asks me if my dad has changed his mind and I keep saying NO! I don't even want to be with him again but he keeps insisting we do something or we get back together when school starts back up and we keep our relationship "secret."

How in the world can I get him to leave me alone? I knew he was a bit annoying all along but now I can't even believe I dated him in the first place. I don't want to be rude AT ALL and I would want to still be mutual friends, but he wants a relationship so bad so I don't know if that would even work. Is there a nice way I can tell him to leave me alone?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• ignore him. Don't reply

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you want to stay friends, but with a guy like this who won't take no for an answer, you may be left having to be a little harsh. Next time you see him, say you want to talk, and just say i am sorry but there is no way we can ever be in a rship, but you would still like to be friends at some point. Tell him you will give him space to overcome his feelings, and hopefully that should work. Good luck hun! X

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• You need to let him know that YOU don't want to be with him. He thinks that you still want to be with him, but your dad is the obstacle. Tell him YOU don't like him anymore and that he needs to leave you alone.

• I don't think you can be nice anymore, he's not getting the message. You should probably block him on your phone, facebook and you will need to be a little meaner to him to get h to leave you alone.

• Flirt with other guys. He'll take the hint. Right now I think he's just disappointed.