Is it bad that I don't feel sympathy for people being cheated on?

I've never had a boyfriend before so, I have no clue what it's like to be in love or in a relationship.
When I hear about someone I know being cheated on, I feel abosolutly nothing, I don't feel bad at all. When talk to me about a bad breakup, I don't feel bad either. I'm a very sensotive girl and basically everything makes me cry but love or relatioships.
I'm worried I'll be incapable of falling in love or something.

• Yes
  • No
*sensitive girl , sorry for they typo.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• don't worry , your day will come

• That day that I get cheated on?

• any time young Lady

• being cheated on is second in the pain felt from the passing of a close loved one

Most Helpful Girl

• It's going to be pretty funny when you fall in love and he breaks your heart and best friends aren't there to comfort you... Remember karma is a b*tch!

• It's not that I don't want to comfort people it's that I don't know how. I just feel like telling them "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that" isn't enough.

• Oh I see. Well don't worry about it's not like you're not trying or being inconsiderate.

It's kind of like when someone loses someone that nearband dear to them but you didn't know them so they don't really have an effect on you. Well you'll experience it one day when you lose a loved one. Your time will eventually come so don't worry about it.

• Thank you !

What Guys Said 1

• I think once you fall in love or get into a relationship you'll realise how much it hurts to even think of the idea.

What Girls Said 3

• I voted no, because you are not obligated to feel any certain way about other peoples' experiences, but if you're a dick about it when a friend tries to lean on you after a bad break up or being cheated on, then that's a problem.

• I feel bad that the only thing I can say is "I'm sorry to hear about that". I really have no idea what to say them so, I just listen. I feel like when a person is upset, having someone to listen can help some.

• I was the same way (not completely apathetic though) until I actually got cheated on myself. Then you'll be able to relate to the pain you go through when someone betrays you.

• Do you lack empathy in general? You may have some kind of disorder.

• No, I don't at all. I'm actually a very emotional person if not more emotional than most. I even worry for people that I have never met before. It's just when I see couples , I have trouble understanding it. For example , I had a friend that was still deeply in love with a girl who cheated on him and left him. In my head I think "Why would he still be in love with someone who treated him that way?" or when someone gets dumped I think "Why are you still in love with a person who doesn't want you anymore?" I cannot comprehend it at all.