Do you think divorce is the "easy" way out?

Like, an excuse? Why or why not?

87

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the situation.

In cases which involve abuse, neglect or pure hatred, I think divorce is justified and isn't an excuse.

In other cases which are petty arguments and the parents are selfish, I think it's an excuse to avoid responsibility.

What Guys Said 6

• No, not necessarily and yes it complicated it depends on lot of situations. For eg if a marriage was forced then the person would come take divorce because they don't want their live their life just for the sake of marriage, hence in this case it's a strong decision, a clear and thoughtful decision rather than easy way out.

For some people though divorce is an easy way out, yes I agree with that also

• hiring a lawyer, writing up contracts, setting and reporting to court dates, splitting or liquidating all your assets. finding a new place to live, moving all your shit. plus some people are goofy and may not want to be in a relationship with you due the the fact you where once married "some people are weird" depending on what the problem is it may be easier to work it out go to counseling and put effort into fixing something that's broken and not just throwing it out.

• I was always taught that if i made a commitment that it was for life and you have to fight for it. But, sometimes you just need to get out for the sake of you because no one deserves to be miserable

• Divorce isn't easy.

Not with all the legal stuff to deal with as well as the emotions that you have to go through.

It's especially hard on kids.

But, it is a last resort. Possibly the kindest one.

• Talk the problems out... people divorce for stupid things sometimes

• It's not an excuse but it still isn't that easy, right, (or in a lot of cases), fair.

What Girls Said 8

• Depends on the couple. I think that to claim divorce is the "easy" way out is very small-minded, judgmental, and inconsiderate of the marital problems. Based on my long term relationship experience, some relationships can become TOXIC... completely harmful to every single aspect of who you are and what you wish to get out of life. They can turn your mind into a wasteland. The act of having to put excessive focus, energy, and thought towards remedying the mess is an extended example of how much negative power the mess has over your life. I can't imagine staying in something like that legally where we share everything we own together and build our futures around an eroding relationship.

Some marriages are unhealthy and I don't believe people should sacrifice their spiritual and mental health just to take the "hard way". Reality is we all have limited time alive and there's not precious enough time to be wasting on nonsense that keeps us miserable.

• Not easy way out. .. However it's the legal way out. There's other options. But I'm assuming if you're getting a divorce there's no other way out.
    Don't think u have to suffer in a marriage to prove anything thing to anyone, sometimes the two people aren't good for eachother, or out grow one another. Ant that's fine. Don't think you are less of a women because your going through a divorce.

• Easy way? Nope.

I have heard it is a hectic process.

I think divorce can't be an excuse. An excuse to get away from marriage might lead to divorce.

• If the people haven't really explored the issue but just decided to quit - then yes.

• I think my divorce is the hardest thing I've ever done. The legal stuff is the easy part.

• Basically but I am going by the bible

• No, I don't. I hate this whole "When we're married you better suck it up, because you're stuck with me forever" mentality. Sometimes it just doesn't work, it's better to end it while you aren't completely miserable, and move on, than it is to live in resentful, loveless marriage. Being together for 5 years (before marriage) is not the same as being together for 50 years, people, feelings and situations change.

• It's definitely not easy. But if there's no hope for the marriage then its the right thing to do. If u aren't getting what U need from ur spouse and they aren't willing to change, divorce is the best route.