Was I right in doing this to my ex girlfriend (she cheated on me)?

I'am a nice guy and my ex cheated on me. i was with her for only 4 months. I gave her everything but 3 months thing didn't add up. Well i found out she was cheating on. I had her texts and posted them on facebook and everyone went crazy (crazy in a good way for me). I'am a nice person and it take a lot to piss me off. But i give my heart and sole for a girl, she better not cross the line.

She texted me saying "i'm going to pay for that and i better watch out when i step out my door".

Was what i did right?

Any other opinions?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• When we suffer a betrayal, it is a deep cut to us, but if that betrayal comes from someone we love, it makes it even more painful. Sometimes too painful to bear. First, your relationship is meant to be between the two of you. She didn't want that and I really understand your pain (I've been where you are). But trying to shame someone isn't the most gentlemanly thing you could have done. It was an act of revenge because she made you hurt, you wanted to make her hurt. As Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." I'm not condoning your actions but I am also not going to support them. And neither should you. But the action is done, so all you can really do now is move on with your life. There are lots of girls who would never cheat on their guy, so find that girl. Don't get bogged down in a war of hate and revenge with a girl who treated you so poorly. Remember, if you fight with someone on a lower level, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. It's terrible what she did, but don't justify her actions with the desire to hate you more. As you said, you are a nice guy, but be more than a nice guy. Be the noble gentleman who cannot be manipulated by lesser men and women.

• she was cheating on me for one month straight. I took it very personally. I really gave her my all and everything. i tread her like a queen. I did everything. I spent so much money spoiling her and treating her rigth and in the end i got cheated on bad. Now my trust is not really there for girls. Well apparently "i'm going to get it" so if i get mugged i can show the police the texts rights? Also when i kept asking her if she cheated on me she kept saying me no and she loved me and all that bullshit.

You are correct though. My actions weren't the best. i won't do it again but you are correct in what you wrote.

• I really understand where you're coming from. And I've only been cheated on once, not for a whole month. That had to really traumatize you. Remember, to not let people lessen us. Stay strong and don't let her make you lose faith in people.

• thanks man, i seriously appreciate it. thank you

What Girls Said 5

• Maybe you took it a little far. Your relationship is between you and her. You should have done it more privately, but that's just my opinion.

• she was cheating on me for one month straight. I took it very personally. I really gave her my all and everything. i tread her like a queen. Now my trust is not really there :/

• Curiously, are you a Scorpio?

• no i'am Pisces, why if i may ask?

• Oh lol - I was only asking because the action was a little extreme, and I've heard that Scorpios can be extreme. I'm dating one right now.

As a side note, to address your question: You weren't *right* to do that... BUT the bitch cheated on you. I would be pissed, and her action was an extreme betrayal and wrong done to you. Not just for your feelings and emotions, but also your health (she was risking giving you any disease the guy might have had).

And now she's talking crazy saying "you're going to get it." I would think that's evidence if anything is done to you...

• He did actually come to my house today but nothing happend. The guy just shit talked me, that is it

• Everyone handles getting hurt that badly differently, but I do think posting her texts on Facebook was a bit much. Yeah she probably deserved it, but I've found that posting anything to hurt someone on social media can come back on the one who posted it. You can't decide how you're treated, but you have control over your reaction and how you move forward. I'm very sorry you were cheated on I hope you're able to move on quickly

• if somehow i get
      mugged" i should just show the texts to the police right?

• Well... it wasn't right... but nobody will blame you. You TECHNICALLY shouldn't have, but honestly she screwed you over and hurt you and you deserve a little bit of revenge.

• i won't drop to that level again

• Yes , I hate cheaters.

What Guys Said 3

• You know what, even as bad as what you did to her to get back was, you've done her a favour. By humiliating her so (and i hope she was humiliated by all who found out), she'll never do the same again (hopefully) so all her future dates can be thankful to you. Kudos to you for standing up for yourself and showing her how awful her actions were.

• You went a little too far, you would of shown a lot of dignity just walking away.
    But I doubt what she said is anything more than a threat too

• No your the male, the gentleman, you are supposed to take the high road. I know it sucks but you shouldn't of done that. My advice try to mend the bridge.

• well aparently "i'm going to get it" so if i get mugged i can show the police the texts rights?