How do I help move along my ex getting over me?

Its been about a year now! And we have mutual friends so now and again I'll see him... we talk very casually here and there but nothing all serious. I have told him on numerous occasions that I am not going back there... there were serious deal breakers/violations during our relationship and I am moving on. He gets annoyed when I tell him sometimes that I am done but I've given him 5 years of my life and many chances. He still invites me to dinners, family events, etc and I am over it. I did not want to have to be harsh about it recently but I just had to tell him like straight up No...stop asking...(this was after so long of just being nice about saying no)...I don't know what else to do or say...please help

31

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not your job to help him get over you, that's for him to do.

Keep reinforcing your view that you don't want anything to do with him..If that's what you really want. You need to stop giving him so much of your time and change your number etc..So he can no longer contact you. It may even mean not responding to his calls, invites etc..Yeah it's about time you stop being polite with him, and hopefully he will finally get the message. Stop thinking about his feelings and consider your own feelings!

What Guys Said 1

• You're doing all you can to stop this. Just get meaner.

He knows where you stand on this and ignores what you say.

Yet another boundary violation.

Call your district attorney and find out whether a restraining order is applicable.

Ted

What Girls Said 2

• No one should ever have to "help" their ex to get over them. Stop these casual talks of yours and allow each other to experience life without one another and to heal. Out of sight, out of mind. Let him be. Once you're out of his system romantically, you can build up your friendship later.

• Dont talk to him, or go out of your way to talk (he'll get the hint). Just move on with your life and he will eventually see that you are really moving on, and hopefully he will do the same!