How does this breakup text sound to you?

I've been living in USA and just moved back to Europe. The girl that I was seeing wants to visit me but I want to leave the way it is right now.

"Jessica I think you are a nice girl and really cool but you are in USA and Im in Europe. At this time I don't want any kind of relationship with anyone be it short or long distance. I want to be fair and honest with you right away."

75

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a bit... well, cold. Not intentionally, I mean there's zero emotion in it. If I were you, I would say it more like:

"Listen Jess, I care about you and I think you're a great person, but we have to start being realistic. You're in the US, I'm in Europe, there's no way I can see this working and I genuinely don't have any desire to try and make it work. It isn't you, it's just what I need for myself right now, I just didn't want to lead you on, you don't deserve that and I'm not the type to lie. I'm sorry."

• This. It does sound cold. Especially the first couple of line are right on the nose.

"Listen Jess, I care about you and I think you're a great person, but we have to start being realistic. You're in the US, I'm in Europe, there's no way I can see this working"

Most Helpful Guy

• How long were you together? Kinda short if you had anything...

• We were together for only 2 months but she got overly attached to me. It was not even a relationship just seeing each other.

• Ok, I think it's fine.

What Girls Said 6

• Sounds good to me

• Honest and to the point with out hurting her feelings, yes!

• Thats good, honest and nice.

• Does she want to visit as a friend or girlfriend?
    Because if you intended to cut all ties (not interested in any kind of relationship) you should have done that when you were able to meet her in person and certainly not by text. I guess you didn't expect her to drop by for a visit...

Anyway, I'm surprised mostly guys are the ones mentioning the fact you should at least be breaking up over the phone, not by text.
    The text does sound short and cold, but I guess better than just disappearing.

• Pick up the phone, dial her number, and say those words to her.

• Sounds alright.

What Guys Said 4

• Never text break up even long distance, she deserves a phone call / Skype call at least

Text breakup is the lowest of the low

• Or... call her and say the same thing, pussy.

• Call her and tell her that. Texting is cowardly.

• Translation: He's cheating on you with some skank in Europe.

• lol then what do you propose for me to say instead?

• lol you clearly didn't read the question that I posted. Im in Europe and she is in USA...

• Oh... My fault. I guess you have no other choice.
      Maybe a phone call but she might end up crying on the phone and then you have to console her and shit.