Why do guys sometimes cheat with less attractive women?

I'll try to shorten this as much as possible. I'm 28, he's 30, we have been together for 10 years. I recently found out he had been texting another woman, and had met up with her a few times. We just bought a house together. Come to find out, the girls 24, looks 40, very trashy and unhygienic, has a kid with a guy in prison for murder, she just got out of jail for multiple duis, lost her license, is on probation after her house arrest is completed. I'm so confused! And he plans on pursuing this girl! Her and I had a little text war and she talks so trashy and ghetto I could hardly read the texts! What gives?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• so if he cheated on u wid a more attractive gal would u feel better u wanna say?

anyway i believe cheatin has nothing to do wid who do u cheat yer bf/gf... action's da same.

also maybe HE might be findin her attractive... maybe this is da type of gals he likes

Most Helpful Girl

• Some men just like trashy women. I'll never understand it. Probably a sexual thing. But it's true. They tend to be more aggressive, showy, and what not. Men also tend to sometimes cheat with a woman very different from their SO.. Especially if they have been together for a long time. They want to see if they are missing out on the opposite side of the spectrum.

This woman was probably meant to be a fling but once she realized how "responsible and good" your guy was she clung on for dear life and did whatever she could to get inbetween you. She probably sees him as a ticket to a better life.

You two also got together very young, were buying a house.. There was a part of him that probably thought "gee my life is over and I've really only been with one girl". It probably freaked him out. A house is a huge commitment and he probably saw the girl as his last chance to live wildly, play the field, and do something different.

I'm sorry this happened. It's just awful. But it's more common than you think.

What Guys Said 4

• Imagine eating lobsters and T-bone steaks daily for 10 years.

How much time would it take you to want a hamburger or a pizza?

• i cannot fathom cheating on any level because to be in a relationship is your choice. And when you make that choice, loyalty is paramount

• men are retarded and perverse thatts why.

• You'll have to excuse the analogy here, but sometimes , after you've been on a long term health kick eat quality food for months on end you occasionally just fancy McDonald's. You know you shouldn't and you'll feel shit afterwards , but some people are weak.
    She's just his cheap burger

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!