Heartbroken United?

I was just dumped few days ago by a man I loved the most. We were 3 years together, we lived together, and it was out of the blue. I thought things were great... but apperently he was losing interest and having issues which he decided to bare inside and not communicate about it. Until it made him breakup.

I have been through a lot in my life and I was always strong. People admire me and they wish they were as strong as I am, but now I see I am not strong what so ever. This crushed me like nothing before. I feel deep deep sadness, it hurts my chess all the time and I cry all the time. It's like he died. I wasn't even aware I was this much attached to him. I feel hopeless and no motivation to do anything. I am not mad, I am just very very sad. I didn't came here to ask for advice because I know what I need to do and I will in time. But right now I just wished this didn't happen because I love him and he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Sadlly, he doesn't feel the same about me. I can't hate him or blame him, I am at least glad that he broke it off before we got married or cheated. I deeply wish he changes his mind but I am almost sure that's not gonna happen. I need to move on with my life and let time make sure I fall out of love with him. It's a long and a hard way ahead of me and I have to be stronger then I ever was, because I know he is gonna call me from time to time and he is gonna want to stay friends. I can't do that and I need to ignore him. It's so hard ignoring someone that you love! This pain is so deep and I'm gonna carry a mark for the rest of my life. I know I'm gonna eventually get over him and meet someone new and fall in love again, but I know I will never be able to look back and laugh it off. It hurts like hell, doesn't it?

So, I shared my story, how about you? How many off you are in the similar position right now? How many off you got through it and how long did it take? Words of wisdom are welcome.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• My last break-up was a little over three years ago. I made the mistake to stay in touch with him because he said he wanted to stay friends. I am wiser now and know this doesn't work, so agree with you that you have to ignore your ex. It took me about a year to totally get over it. It probably would have taken longer if I hadn't met my current boyfriend. Now I look back at that break-up and wonder why I let it consume me so much. But I know that if my boyfriend left me now, I'd feel horrible all over again.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Its been about 6 months for me... I am finally feeling strong again and like I can love somebody new. Sometimes I feel exited about the adventure ahead, but every now and then I do break sown and cry because I can't understand how this happened... But before I used to cry every day, now I cry once a week and tell myself how stupid I am afterwards.
    You will get better eventually and remember to turn to your friends and family. There is still so much love left in your life

• I'm going through the exact same right now as of last night. I'm crushed and clueless what to do :(

• Sorry you're going through this. I know how you feel because my ex broke up with me 6 months ago and it broke my heart because I'm madly in love with him. I tried to move on but he kept contacting me and the last time was Friday and made me believe he wanted me back but it was all a lie and he stopped talking to me so now I'm heartbroken all over again. Broken heart sucks but we must get through the pain and one day the pain won't be as bad, but just maybe one day we'll met someone special who will never let go ☺️

• Yep it hurts very very much. But it will get better! Just gotta give it time