Why did my ex girlfriend bring up her guy trouble?

She IM'd me last night asking for a sad song. I asked why and she tried to give me crap about her liking her other ex again, but her other ex is going to date another girl really really soon. Out of frustration, I got p*ssed, told her I didn't want to hear it and logged off on her.

Why did she do this? Should I apologize to her, and if so, how should I do it? I still have feelings for her.

90

Most Helpful Girl

• It's obvious you still have feelings for her because of how you reacted. If she is aware that your feelings still exist then she's probably just looking for you to break her fall - basically a rebound, which would be messed up. I've been in situations where I was having guy problems and even if an ex was a good friend, if I knew he still had feelings I would not think of discussing it with him because I'd hate to hurt his feelings by placing him in the position of being "that guy" - the one that a girl expects to be there to console her when things go wrong.

You can apologize, but I would make it clear that it's unfair for her to put you in that kind of position when she's aware that you still have feelings for her. Basically, you can say, "Look, I'm sorry for the way I reacted the other day - I know it was a bit over the top, but I guess I was just caught a bit offguard by everything. I mean, I still have feelings for you so it's just a bit hard for me to play the role of a friend who you can discuss those sorts of things with...". Hope that helps!

What Girls Said 8

• You may have overreacted a little. But she was doing it to get a reaction out of you in the first place. No girl talks to her ex boyfriend about another guy unless she wants to make him jealous or hear him say he still has feelings for her. You can maybe apologize for snapping the next time you talk to her, but don't feel guilty about it. She knew what she was doing.

• k well I think she should respect you more and get her advice elsewhere.

• In my opinion, her whole schveel was just to maybe bond with u.. But not just a normal friend bond... It's hard to explain because I want to say I think it'd be on a romantic level.. but I don't know... I know that if I did this, and I was the girl and my ex was you, I would probably be trying to get you to ask me what was wrong and why I was so sad, so that I could tell you all about how I like this guy ONLY to make you jealous because I still like you. So in other words I think she has feelings for you too

• 2 possibilities: (1) she is trying to make you jealous by bringing up her interest in another guy. Girls do that kind of stuff all the time and guys are oblivious to it. (2) Depending on how long you guys were together, you most likely have the best perspective on the things that she does right or wrong in a relationship, and figures you may be able to offer the best advice. If it was (1), you gave her exactly the reaction she probably wanted. If (2), then you probably just confused or upset her. Maybe flat out ask her why she would ask for your advice on guys, and if it really bothers you, tell her so.

• How long are ye broken up?

• omg this happend to me only he was a guy and I done exactly the same as what you did and then I apoligized, he said it was kwl but I as still hurt and confused by askin me for advice about a girl he liked. I still am confused tbh after the years we had together and we have only been apart less than a year x

• Im pretty sure either she likes you or she wants to make you jealous. And you did over react a litle. Maybe you still have feelings for her?!?!?!

• Well hun, if she is like most girls, then she was just trying to make you jealous and tell her that you still have feelings for her. I know its mean, but that's how most girls are.

What Guys Said 0