I really like a guy who was in one of my classes last semester. Do I let it go?

I am a shy, quiet kind of girl. I like this guy in one of my classes. Yes, he knows I exist. He added me on Facebook and we would usually have across the room conversations, just normal stuff. (I noticed he didn't really talk to any of the other girls around me, the same ones that sat across the room too.) I feel pretty comfortable around this guy. He would always laugh at my stories and stuff too, told me I was funny as well. This guy is also usually pretty, shy, quiet, and sweet.

I also ran into him at the rec. once or twice a week. He would always stop and talk to me, sometimes for a couple of minutes. (If I was using a machine, he would usually just wave. Too hard to talk while on the treadmill...lol.)

I feel like there may be a spark there. It's just my intuition talking. What can I do? I'm the girl. I don't feel like I ought to ask him out. That's a bit weird to me. Can I do anything to encourage him? Keep in mind I'll probably only be running into him at the rec. or around campus now. :(
1
2