Should I ignore my Ex-Girlfriends texts?

I need opinions. We are both 16 and She broke up with me cause she s moving away to a different school and didn t wanna do long distance and she likes this other guy that her and her friends hang out with and she said she would try long distance with him because he hangs out with them and is older and has his license and things so it s easier for them to hang out and hey started dating a few days after we broke up. I know it s not gonna last because she s not even sure if she wants a boyfriend right now. So now I need to know what to do if she texts me cause I know she will. And I wanna know what would hurt her more. Ignoring her texts she sends me? Or saying things along the lines of "You made your choice and left me for another guy. I think it s best that we don t talk." I need opinions on what would hurt her more. Please help. Thanks

• Ignore
  • Answer

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Hello. I think that if she is soooo willing to give it a chance with someone else then she didn't trully love you in the first place... Or maybe I'm just too romabtic, but as far as I know, if youblove someone it doesn't matter if its a long oe short distance relationship... You just love them and want to be with them and the circumstances are just things you deal with.

Ignorig her texts will hurt her more because she will think you don't care enough to answer, and if you do text back even if it is to say "mean things " (a. k. a. The truth) you will end up conversing and she will have you in the palm of her hand (pluss she will feel important since ypu take the time to argue with her)

Best of luck, and remember you are still so young. I'm sure future you would slap ypu in the face and say "look at the amazing and loving relationship I'm in now!!"

• This really helped thanks. And I really hope it does hurt her Just so she can pay the price for stabbing me in the back..

What Girls Said 4

• Tell her you will be friends with her but nothing More in store. She is Obviously Not ready to be a Steady Betty with anyone and if So... It's Only because he has more to give her.
    Of course, you can Also tell her that you think it best Not to be friends and would she kindly lose your number, you have moved on.
    The ball is in your court here, dear, you dribble it where you want it to Go.
    My Opinion is she is a Fair weather friend, think to yourself what she is to You now.
    Good luck. xx

• Let the B@#~/ go. She doesn't value you. She wants to be with someone else, so let her go. Don't become a door mat. Women don't respect men who roll over and cry. Find a girl that will love you without having to prove you're a door mat. Good luck.

• Ignore her.

• Any good reasons why I should? Like why would it hurt her?

• I would say ignore her. It seems as thiugh, even thiugh she's young, she's trying to keep you in arms length so if it doesn't go right with her new guy. That's not right. It's obvious she's immature, so let her go baby. you're young, so have fun. Date any girl you want. Don't tie yourself down. That way when you DO want to settle down, you know exactly what you want and don't want. Dating is about learning and experiencing. She's into cars and older guys, most girls are. So see it for what it is and move on. I think what you want to tell her is perfect and who cares if she gets upset. A few days after we break up and you're already in a relationship. Girl bye!

What Guys Said 3

• "We are both 16 and She broke up with me cause she s moving away to a different school and didn t wanna do long distance and she likes this other guy that her and her friends hang out with and she said she would try long distance with him because he hangs out with them and is older and has his license and things so it s easier for them to hang out and hey started dating a few days after we broke up."

^then my guess'd be she actually wnated to get rid of u. she was pretty much clear... she prefered this other guy for all those reasons u mentioned.

" I know it s not gonna last because she s not even sure if she wants a boyfriend right now. "

^then y she's showin interest towards him?

"So now I need to know what to do if she texts me cause I know she will. And I wanna know what would hurt her more. Ignoring her texts she sends me? Or saying things along the lines of "You made your choice and left me for another guy. I think it s best that we don t talk." I need opinions on what would hurt her more. Please help. Thanks"

^don't think about hurtin her... just ignore her texts if she texts. if u keep ignorin her, she'll get da message u r not interested

• Dont throw a pity party. She'll realise that guy isn't better then u but you have to let time do it's thing. When a girl likes a guy for materialistic things it's never love therefore the guy will ditch her or cheat. That's when she realises where's my ex? "I love him blah blah".
    The trick is to message her back but sound happy she's moved on plus dont ask about other guys or if she's single. Speak like your old freinds. Dont treat her special and if she asks about your new girl or something say that doesn't matter and change the topic good luck. And dont show her attention that's what she wants. Dont ignore her but take time to reply. If she asks what took you so long say I was texting someone else. Ignoring her completely means your still upset so dont.

• Ignoring women really pisses them off.