Is it bad that I don't wanna be happy?

He broke up with me and now I don't want to be happy anymore. I don't want to be happy without him. Is that normal? Is there something wrong with that? It's like I want to be depressed because I don't want to lose feelings for him..

56

Most Helpful Guy

• U know what? 4 years ago i lost my best friend, he died. For 2 month i feel like crap. 6 month severe depression. For a year i dont wanna be happy, i'm a loner, just do what i gotta do everyday without him, and nobody, nobody could make me feel better, i still remember whats on my mind that day, just waiting myself to meet him again.
    Everybody found it so stupid and weird, coz he's just an animal/pet. But to me he's not just that, he's more, more and more than that. He's my best friend in the whole wide world. From that day on, without him i can never really be happy. I do had a friend and a girlfriend, but still he's the only one in the whole wide world. So bad or not? You're the 1 who know better.

• :' ( What animal is that? A doggie? I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and hope you are feeling better now, Lü Bu.

• if * the alarm clock rang and she didn't see me waking up.

• @Cavewoman Yeah sometimes i almost step him, but rarely as he is such a smart one. Ha, so you knew how i felt. I don't know why i named him that, I just did, the first time i saw him i would taunt him with that sound.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is normal, but in the end you have to be selfish and realize that he isn't your only form of happiness, you were happy before him and you can be happy after him! Love works in tricky ways, do yourself a favour and have fun because you don't deserve to be treated poorly x

What Guys Said 5

• It is normal. Please feel free to leave me a PM.. I felt same after breakup. And it is not good. But I see you loved him a lot. I understand how do you feel, I felt same way and it was hard, I think only once in a life can you truly love somebody.

• Time will help heal a broken heart and you'll learn to live again someday

• I know that feeling. Just fuck it, love is the best life fucker & deceiver feeling by far. It ain't worth shit. Be a nihilist.

• Coming from a woman? I'd say that sounds almost normal.

• Yes it's normal you feel like no one will make you feel the way he made you felt but time will take care of that so try not to think about it.

What Girls Said 4

• Most people naturally get depressed after a break up. It is normal and happens to even the best of people. There is nothing wrong with you but you need to take care of yourself and read some break up guides.

• I've been feelings exactly the same way for 5 long months. It's because if you become happy and lose feelings for him it would be like it was all for nothing and your love didn't mean anything.

• ... Yes that's bad. You're going to ruin your happiness, just because he left you, or you left him.
    We're still young, there's plenty of more amazing guys out there.

You're having the wrong mindset. It's okay to still have feelings, but you shouldn't be depressed about it. Try to let go and move on... it'll save you much time

• you'll be alright, just give it some time.