I can't stop crying?

It's been a week since he dumped me. We were together for 3 years in a LDR. I feel so pathetic. I literally can't stop crying. I tried seeing people and to hang out with friends, but then I just run to the bathroom to cry. I can't stop. I never felt this way, this empty and hopeless. I fake that I am strong when people ask me how I'm doing, I even menage to put a smile. I've been through a lot in my life, I was always such a strong person. I've been in relationships before but in never ever felt like this. I loved him with all my heart but he lost interest. Just like that, out of the blue. I remember years ago, when I see other people being fucked up over a break up, I remember saying to myself how I will never be like that, that it's not worth it. And I know it's not worth it, I know I will get over this eventually, I know I will meet someone else eventually, I know life goes on. But the fact that I know all of this doesn't help at all. I'm doing all can to get busy (I go to gym, I work extra hours, I play video games, I started painting, etc.) but shit doesn't help either. I do all of those things with tears in my eyes. I'm not even exhausted I feel like I need to cry more. It hurts so much and I can honestly say this is the worst period of my life ever. Never thought I will see myself being this broken and even more because of A GUY. I don't know what I want, if I want him back or if I want to move on, I just know that I want to stop crying. Any other feelings but not sadness, please. I want to get angry, mad, crazy, whatever! Just not sad anymore... But I can't get angry because I'm not angry. I don't hate him. He did what he needed to do, can't force someone to love me. I can't blame him. Can't really blame anyone but distance. The hardest part is ignoring him. He wants to stay in touch and he already asked me how I'm doing and if I want to watch a movie together. I don't want to be friends so I don't know if I should just keep ignoring him or be cold to him or tell him the truth about how I'm really doing. At this point I don't even care what he will think or how he is doing. Is this normal?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• If you feel so bad, I wouldn't start ignoring him. Talk to him, he's the one person who knows best what happened so if he wants to meet, he's the best listening ear.
    Just be 100% honest as to how badly it hit you and how you can't stop crying.
    It wouldn't even be the first time that someone takes such a decision as dropping a guy or girl, to feel sorry about it a week later.
    So at least talk. Even if you don't want to stay friends.
    And don't feel shy: three years together create a strong bond. It's no problem that you feel like crying eternal tears. Love is a strong power!
    Wish you lots of strength :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignore him. He only wants to enjoy your suffering. If you see him, then he can keep hurting you. Some people get a kick out of making others suffer. It feeds their ego. Apparently you were not interesting enough and he did not have strong feelings for you to tell you to get lost. Yes, he wants to see you once in a while so he can use you as a spare booty call. He will only calk or see you, if he's horny and can't find someone else. You should let him go. He can always see prostitutes for his booty calls. You're worth more than the value he places on youn

What Guys Said 4

• It's only been a week. Your emotional wound is still raw. You can't slap a bandaid on emotions, and there's only so much you can do to occupy your mind. But it's a lot better to let it out then bottle it in. You already know you can get through this; but I'd hold off on contact with him for a good while until you sort out your feelings. Too much, too soon won't end well for you.

• You are a very very emotional and cute woman... This is a rare event really to me; i assume you love him much and belong urself to him deeply :( It means you have a big and lovely heart :/ Just he lost a pearl. I suggest you please tell him you don't want to see or talk to him anymore so it will help you. I assume again you are almost a mature woman and you can handle this :) How we tell; God will put a better one into ur life soon eventually ;) Keep ur spirit... I am deeply sorry for ur feelings but you know and said life must go on and you deserve to live peacefully :)

• That's actually a good thing. Is this your lowest level? If it's not, then keep it up. Advice?
    Dont keep it in, try to let it out. Not to a friend or family, nobody wants to hear that crap trust me, coz i've been there. Simply buy a little notebook, write it all down till the time you're done crying. Once you're done, trust me you'll feel a little bit stronger and much happier. No storm that last forever, it will subside eventually. After the night, comes the morning. You're fine miss.

• I would just tell him you don't want to see him anymore. As for your emotional problems I would suggest getting a pet they are a lot more faithful than men.

• I have a cat and she is boring.

• You can always drown your sorrows in liquor. That is what I do when I am depressed.

• I live in small apartment... :(

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, its completly normal. I didn't stop crying for mobths after my break up. If staying friends doesn't work for you then don't feel like you have to, you have to take care of you. You can politely tell him that you need time to heal. Even though you might want to keep in touch it is not healthy and it will not help you to heal.
    Big hugs and trust me, you will survive

• Its okay to Cry its part of life. Cry everything out girl. Your in pain and hurt its understandable. Even the strongest person has it weak moments and that's fine. That is normal you got your heart broken. You should stay away from him until you feel better. I hope you feel better soon. But honestly only time will heal you.

• Breaks up are hard and it going to take time. Keep taking care of yourself and being brave and trying new things. There's not secret just time and healing. Best wishes.