It's been 5 months since he dumped me and I am still not getting better?

We were 3 years together and after he dumped me we kind of stayed in touch on and off. He was giving me false hopes of getting back together. I officially cut him off completely a week ago. Now I'm back to day 1 when we broke up, crying all day and feeling pathetic. But I'm done with that, I'm not giving in this time. But I still love him and if he would come begining to get back together I would probably take him back. I know it's wrong but I'm just being honest here. Is something wrong with me for not getting over him for so long?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all, there is nothing wrong with you. You are human and have emotions. The first mistake was to keep in touch after you broke up. I made that mistake before with a girl I had been with for 8 years, went on for 6 months, it played with my heart and my head. Just remember that an ex is an ex for a reason, and if it didn't work before there is little chance it would work if you tried again. Unfortunately the heart takes time to repair, you just need to give time, time. Don't give in, you are strong :) Hope this helps

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not getting over him because you're still maintaining contact. You're sad now because it's fresh but I guarantee as soon as a new guy comes into your life you won't care anymore. He was wrong to lead you on, that was selfish and incredibly pointless. Stop giving him the satisfaction of continuing contact and get him out of your system by first crying it all out, like literally weep for a whole day with whatever comforts item you have handy. Start exercising to get the depression and anger out, it works. Take care of yourself do something nice for you and allow yourself to feel happy, it probably won't be your last breakup. Don't forget to learn from this experience and take more precaution in the future. Give yourself to someone who deserves you when YOU feel ready again. Good luck, you'll be fine.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• It's completely normal because you just miss him but you did the right thing by cutting him off because he obviously doesn't know what he wants because he kept stringing you along. I know it Hurts because he gave you false hope and that's selfish of him, I don't know why exes do this. I went through the same thing and I wish I would have cut my ex off because now he just walked away again grrr. Just don't have anymore contact with him because it's only going to cause you more pain.

• No, it's that you miss him and miss how he made u feel. It's alright to mourn I guess, :*(I totally understand, actually I was reading ur post like, "did I right this" i wasn't sure if I did or didn't. .. lol, truth is who knows when it's going to get better, I feel worse.. actually today is a really bad day for me too.
    Feel better.

• There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. It took me a whole year to get over an ex. Like yours, he gave me false hope so prevented me from moving on. Now that you broke off contact, you can move on properly. You'll be fine. It just takes time. Stop thinking you're not moving on quickly enough. Just stick to the no contact thing.