So I just recently found out that the guy I've been seeing on and off for about a year has been hooking up with another chick... (We both share mutual friends. Deets leaked through them.) I almost feel like I don't have a reason to be upset since we were never "exclusive"... But I'm still a little crushed. I thought it could eventually lead somewhere, but now I know I was foolish, wearing rose-tinted glasses.

Obviously I need to move on for good, I guess I'm just wondering if I should let him know what's up or block his number and be done with it?

All opinions welcome! Thanks!

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Well since you said you both were never exclusive then it shouldn't bother you but it seems like you had feelings for him but didn't tell him either because you were not sure or just didn't know at that time.

What's the point of asking him now? I mean do you still have feelings for him? or did you ever have any feelings for him? You asking him "what's up" will only make sense if you still care about him or if you still have feelings for him, if you still think if you two go on a date you both have a chance only then if you ask him it will make sense otherwise it would be a waste of time to even ask him. If you are not bothered then don't waste your time.

If you want to move on then I suggest you block his number, stop all contact with him.

• Oh he was well aware of my "feelings". We've had many conversations about of the like.

I should probably clarify what I meant by telling him "what's up"... Plainly put, letting him know that I found out about this other girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... I've been seeing on and off for about a year...
    Don't brush Any of this under the carpet, @brazesemblance, you Need open lines of Convo.. Now.
    Making yourself seem as though he has squashed you like an ant because you found him with his hand Under handly In the cookie jar, is Not any Reason of the season for Looking at This from your own point of view. I feel there has been some misunderstandings here, dear, and you need to find closure And... Answers.
    Sit him down and face him Down with what you have found out. You need to talk about your Relationship with him and even though you never got a title slapped on your Breast with "Exclusive," he Officially should give you some explanation and let you know as a Man... Where you both stand.
    If he tells you then that you are not two birds of a feather and that he wants to be a free bird to fly around and see other chicks, it is in your Own best Interest to Either go with the flow and continue to Nurture and Nurse something special that you both have had or Fly... South with a sour ball because you don't want to share this Nest with any other Rest.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• You're being ridiculous and over-dramatic atm.

You guys are not dating, therefore he isn't obligated to direct all his attention towards you. You feel entitled to it, and that's an issue with your ego. Either be an adult and play the game properly, shut up and deal with it, or don't play at all.

Want him? Be what he wants, but do it righteously.
    Don't want him? Stop playing the game.

The game goes on whether you consent to it or not, and it's best you learn that quickly. Him seeing another woman is him being a guy, and you getting discouraged instead of competing with shows that you're weak.

• You weren't exclusive so what do you think?

• I think he just wants to be friends with you but not date you

What Girls Said 3

• Give him a quick message, something like:

Hey so-and-so, I don't think we should see each other anymore. I know you've been hooking up with another girl, and while I understand we weren't exclusive, I (obviously) was expecting this to become something more. I know now of course that this isn't an option and I don't feel comfortable continuing this relationship.

Then block him.

• You should let him know. Really tell him why and don't waver if he tries to make you stay. Block his number if you need to afterwards.

• let him know.