What do you think of people who get divorced after 10+ years of marriage?

I find this a bit odd.

44

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on the situation.

Some people can be married for decades, and than all of the sudden, an issue comes up and they get divorced. In some cases, couples have been wanting to divorce for years but they wanted to wait for their offspring to grow up and move out.

I agree it is odd at first glance though. I know a lady who divorced her husband whom she was married to for 22 years and to be blunt, she had virtually no reason to get the divorce. She told me she "never" loved him. But WHY would you get married if you never did love him?

What Girls Said 4

• It is what it is. Sometimes people grow apart

• I don't see how that's odd. Is there some kind of deadline for divorce and if you miss it, you're stuck in a sucky relationship for eternity? Even couples who are unmarried might break up after 10 years.

• What's odd, there's nothing if you two don't make one another happy, and everyday is painful living in a loveless relationship it's time to move on and make peace with it.

Don't think you wake up on the 10th year and say "hey I'm no longer in love, and don't want to be married"
    9 times out of 10 the marriage has been over way longer than that.

• I think whatever makes them happy is fine.

What Guys Said 3

• Why is marriage somehow a safeguard against loss of feelings for one another? It's just some vows and some papers, there's nothing solidifying the bond between two people eternally, they're just as capable to breaking up as people who are just in a relationship. This is why marriage doesn't make sense to me, I feel most people lose interest with one another eventually, it's just you see the divorce rate increasing because women have more capabilities to be independent than stay in something that's not working.

• I think that's a common occurance. I'm actually more surprised if they DON'T get divorced by the 10 year mark.

• There's a saying, " U never really know how strong a horse can be if u never ride him till the end"
    " U never really know a person if u never stay with them till the end"