Does crying help you finally let go of someone?

• Yes
  • No

56

Most Helpful Girl

• Releasing your emotions is a part of the "letting go" process.
    It's much healthier than keeping things in , in my opinion.
    If you were to do that you'd harbor more anger and resentment.

Just cry as many times you feel you must.
    Eventually, you'll get over the hurt so much so
    that it won't seem worth crying for any more.

Crying does help in letting go.
    But there are many other things that help aide in the process such as giving yourself,
    Time and space to heal.

What Guys Said 6

• Crying is one of our physical ways of letting things go. As for crying and it finally being over, not usually. It takes a lot of time and focus on the future to get past someone. Breakups and deaths are difficult because that person is gone, but the feelings remain. It's not bad you knew that person, because you can always learn from them and how you can treat the next person better. I don't think we ever really let go of anyone completely, and it's not meant to be that way. Pieces of your heart will be with them and theirs will be with you. Remember, crying is perfectly normal for girls and guys from traumatic moments, even in breakups or leaving someone.

• Well not really, however it helps you feel better and light but it won't actually help in letting go of someone and in fact the more you cry the more you will remember that person. Crying doesn't solve anything, I am not saying that one should never cry but what I am saying is crying is not an action taken, it's not a solution.

• It only helps if it is the first step. Afterwards you need to seek out the love of friends and family, and pets, as well as hobbies and activities you find enjoyable. Crying is an important first step, but you need to move on afterwards.

• it helps sometimes to get over the lowest low... but generally it doesn´t help to let someone go in my opinion.

• If you have to cry then maybe. Usually crying is a reaction to a ton of emotion at once so it definitely relieves it a lot.

• Not necessarily...

What Girls Said 4

• No, it only helps me feel a bit better. It takes time to truly let go of someone..

• It works like a miracle. You definitely move on faster if you give yourself enough time to feel the pain.

• At first yes, but you must at some point stop yourself for crying and think about something else. Otherwise you'll never move on.

• Not really. I cried everyday for a month when me and my ex broke up. I'm STILL not over him.