What do I do from here?

Ok, so it's only been a little over a week since we decided to end our relationship. It was a weird breakup in that we were very close friends before becoming a couple and neither of us want to lose the other. We were (are) both very upset about our breakup, but I think it was probably the right thing. He's still in college and lives at home and I'm graduated with a career and we're just in very different places emotionally and mentally right now. My best friends from college flew in to see me a few days after the breakup (this was planned way before) and out of the blue he sent me a very sweet text telling me he genuinely hopes I have a great time and he hopes I'm doing well. That opened the door to conversation and now we're meeting for coffee this week. I'm so scared that I'm going to be flooded with emotions when I see him but I feel so emotionally connected to him that it's killing me not seeing him. A small part of me wants to say screw it to our situations and continue dating, but a bigger part of me is apprehensive about going down this road again. I also heard through our friends (we are in the same close knit group) that he's very upset but thinks we made the right decision also. Im just heartbroken because we have such an incredible chemistry, but our relationship became stagnant since we're not in the same place in life. I just don't know what to do! Have any of you been through something like this before?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• As long as you still have feelings for each other, I don't think it's a good idea to remain in contact. It will just cause you both pain. If you're absolutely sure you don't want to be with him, it's best to cut him off for now and give you both the time and space to heal and move on.