How long do you think it should take for a guy to get over a girlfriend of 1 year?

I'm dating this guy that I really really like a lot, but he dated his ex girlfriend for a year and just broke up with her 2 months ago. She did end up cheating on him and that's why they split. But I'm just curious if it seems like he "got over her" too fast and if I am more of a rebound despite what he tells me. Opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what a rebound relationship is but. . . what does that mean to you? You may, in fact, be a rebound relationship, but why is that important?

Most Helpful Girl

• i have the same experience... i dated with him for 6 months and his ex started dating someone else and she posted naked pics with his new boyfriend in bed but after 6 months they broke up and nowww she is dating my ex.. again
    weird. i know..
    mine wasn't over her but i hope your boyfriend is truly over her.
    make him fall for you then u don't have to worry about anything
    xoxo

What Guys Said 3

• It really depends on the guy's mental strength.

• It's hard to tell sometimes we just want some one there just to make us... feel better again, don't know ha he done anything to make you consider it?

• No. He's great. It was just a thought I had I guess

• Getting over feeling betrayed is hard. Just as long he is good to you and make him him secure holding him est... he might not admit it but he is probably still hurting

• i think it takes half of relationship time so 6 month. But it depends on individual

What Girls Said 1

• You're just a rebound. No matter what he says! Sorry for the blunt answer!