Why are younger people so gutsy to break up and leave their significant others?

I just saw a woman in her forties talking about how she had a person on here 18-24 telling her to break up with her SO of five years because she didn't want to meet his father. Now the reason she doesn't want to meet his father, she says, is because she feels that her SO doesn't want marriage...(at least not at the moment). She says her best answer came from someone in their 30's who "understands divorce", etc, and that got me thinking and made me consider the fact that maybe younger people break up easier, and it certainly seems like that.

Most people in their teens and twenties are not at all afraid to break up over the littlest and most superficial of things, it seems, as if they don't value relationships or don't respect the brutality of the dating game enough. I don't want to make it sound like I am an exception because I am sure then again there are many people like me in this regard, but I understand the ramifications of dating and relationships and how dangerous this can be. I personally have a lot of respect for the dating game in terms of realizing that it's going to be very difficult and can get pretty ugly. I don't really "respect it" as in LIKE it, but I certainly understand the potency of this, and I am not going for anything special. My goal is just to find a girl that I am physically attracted to and compatible with at a reasonable level, and with whom I can have a stable relationship. I don't have much more in terms of expectations or selectivity. This is all I am happy with, because again, i realize how even someone like that is going to be extremely hard to find.

But a lot of people seem to treat dating as if it's going to be this mindlessly easy thing and eventually no matter what they'll find their special someone and DON'T give enough respect to the brutality of the dating game, and as a result are gutsy to breakup over the slightest issues without attempt for resolution.

1. Do you think this is true?
2. Why or why not?
4
4