My boyfriend will be moving to a different state in 6 months...how do I cope?

My boyfriend was born in LA and lived there up until he moved to Arizona freshman year of high school. He's a junior now, and we've been together for the past 5 months (we were friends before that). These past 5 months have been the best times of my life, and we love each other oh so much. But he broke the news to me the other day that he's moving back to California with his mom and step dad after junior year. He said they're not happy and are having a hard time here. In Cali they have friends and family. He's known this for the past couple of weeks, but he didn't know how to tell me. He said he just wants to make these next 6 months special and make the best out of the time we have together. When he told me this, I was balling my eyes out. My legs went numb and I felt like my whole world came crashing down. Before he came along into my life, I was having a hard time. I was unhappy, depressed...but he has made my life so much better. I laugh, I smile, I'm happy, I'm in love...and when he moves, he'll be taking that away from me. I've already dealt with my best friend of 10 years moving away, and that pain is nothing compared to this. It will break me.

I've told him exactly how I feel. I also told him I wasn't trying to make him feel guilty (he had mentioned a few months ago that he had the option to move back, and that it was his choice and he hadn't decided. I guess he has decided.) All he says is that he's here now and wants us to be happy now. But six months will only last for six months. And when he leaves me, I won't be happy anymore. We haven't talked about keeping a long-distance relationship. I hope we do...because I love him.

I guess I'm just looking for anyone else who has had similar experiences, what they did, what happened. There's always the quote "If you love something set it free, if it comes back its yours, if it doesn't, it never was” But is that the right mind set here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My eyes burn from crying so much.

01

What Guys Said 1

• You shouldn't depend on someone else for your happiness. Happiness is an inside job.

Light burdens, borne long, grow heavy.

What Girls Said 0