Guys, He says he is "testing the waters" but he isn't ready to give me another chance. Spent 2 years as close friends waiting for him to be ready?

I have been close friends with my ex for 2 years since we broke up. We broke up 2 years ago because at the time I didn't invest myself completely in the relationship and we worked together making things really hard. Ever since the breakup he has said he isn't ready for another relationship but when he is he will give me another chance... I spent 2 years as close friends with him and he told me that several times and at one point told me I should try and move on because he didn't know when he would be ready. So I tried dating other guys but not relationship stuff. A few days ago I was talking to my ex and he told me he has a new girl he is interested in and wants to see where it goes. I flipped because he had said he wasn't ready for a relationship and is now going after this other girl. He said that he isn't ready to give me another chance yet and he is just testing the waters with this girl but wanted me to stay friends with him. I can't stay friends with him knowing he is with this other girl it kills me because I'm still in love with him. I asked him to choose and he said he choose her but I can be his friend. He barely knows this girl and has gone on one date with her and already is choosing her over me? I'm just so angry and hurt I can't stop thinking about him with her and why he won't give me a chance but will give her one after telling me he wasn't ready.. help?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• You two broke up, by your own admission by your actions/inactions. You had your chance and it didn't work out, I don't see why you should be upset, you dated guys after him and now for the first time in two years he has. You want to prove that you still care about him? Be his friend. Its the only way to show him that you still care.

What Guys Said 3

• Careful, he may be holding you back to keep you as his 2nd choice, or plan b. Let him be, as much as it hurts.

• Time for you to cut bait and move on.

• Dump him. Dump him quick.