When is it finally time to walk away and say enough?

First off I am 22 and she is 18. We started dating last year and at first i didn't want anything serious because I was really depressed with my life, I was a daily alcoholic. This girl comes into my life and the more I pushed her away the more she kept bothering me and I didn't want anything serious. Eventually I caved her I was an asshole to her for a good 2 months like calling her names, you name it the whole 9 yards. 3 months I saw a picture of her kik of her kissing her ex, I confronted her about it and she told me the story behind it, up until then I believed her it was an old picture but that arose suspicion because why would she still have her exs picture anyways. The following month she decides to hang out with her ex, since he looking for her and she had the nerve to take a picture with him in his car, and when I confronted her she told me it meant nothing and she didn't cheat on me, but wasn't planning on telling me about the encounter with him. It was not until we finally started hanging out about a month after we started talking that I started to take her serious and I stopped drinking and getting my shit together, but by then she was messing up with life. I tried to help her, I encouraged her to finish school and then right about close to our 6 month anniversary she broke up with me, she told me she lost someone special in her life nothing would be the same and she wanted to split. I was devistated I was really into this girl, then a week later I see her kik of her again with her ex this time holding hands, she comes looking for me 2 weeks later saying she thought something was there but we ended too soon. Lately its been like this I stopped texting her like I used too but every blue moon she calls me apologizes says she wants to start brand new but always messes things up again, sometimes I think on purpose, and keeps playing this him, you, and me game. I just want to know should I just walk away, and if so how?

I now realize I was an asshole and she doesn't let that go apparently, but she never let me show her the nice guy I really was and when I tell her see me let me show you she says no. She called me about 2 weeks ago and told me she cares for me but she's confused, yet she can't walk away from me even though she's with him? She holds conversations with me but is quick to run when she thinks its going too far.
I understand and have evaluated the whole I messed it up, and leave it alone, but somehow I cannot walk away, and I see as blocking someone childish (sorry if I offend anyone). It is not what she's done towards me but what she did for me that makes me crazy for her still. I still see the old her every now and then when we speak, but she seems so different, as if she's afraid of the risk so she's playing it safe with her ex (not to offend the guy but he is definitely no upgrade).

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you are trying to make positive changes in your life (good for you), This girl is messed up, and playing games, and is just going to inhibit your more in the right direction. Tell her you are moving on, and don't want any more contact. If she texts you don't respond. Block her on social media and don't look back.

• I feel that blocking someone is petty and childish I do not do that, but thankfully she does that for me.

• You are right, I guess I was just trying to justify her actions but it had occurred to me that she doesn't stay single for long because she doesn't know how too. Yeah, I hate that the most when I am on the verge of letting go and she comes back to apologize for her actions. He is probably the main attraction and I am the one whom she thinks will be there when he's finally done with her, but then again, I am not 18-20 trying to play these games anymore I am a grown man who's finally getting his act together after the service and she helped me through that hard time in my life that is why I tried so hard to justify her actions.

• It was good of her to help you through a hard time, but that doesn't mean you need to be indebted to her for life.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes we don't always make the best choices in our lives, but learning from them is really important. It seems like you've both done a lot to each other, and hurt each other a fair bit. Some relationships are simply there so you can learn from your mistakes. I don't feel like this relationship can, or should, be recovered. Any girl who is willing to do this to a guy isn't the best person to be with. There also seems to be a personality flaw in her behavior. You can never justify wanting someone, but slinking back to your ex with photographic evidence. It's a form of mental abuse and I promise you don't want to be close to that kind of behavior. I think you know you should have walked away even before you started dating, and I applaud you on getting your life back together. But it isn't your responsibility to help her make good choices. She has to do that herself. Be with someone worthy of your time and who would never willingly hurt you.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, you should walk away. Just cut off complete contact with her. All you need to do really is tell your self if being in this relationship is healthy for you and convince yourself that you deserve better.. and you do deserve better.

• walk away you're both toxic to each other

• Just move on.

• You messed it up for yourself first. Anyways, get over her.

What Guys Said 3

• she sounds unstable as fuck. better to leave it alone.

• You have finally got yourself back on track, regardless of the history between you both, simply you don't need the drama in your life.
    Your young, play the field for a while

• If you even have to ask the question...