How do you move on from being cheated on?

Someone help me.

47

Most Helpful Guy

• Betrayal is something that effects us on multiple levels. Recognize that the pain you are feeling is real, but it is nothing that you did. Many times when people are cheated on, they try to convince themselves that their boyfriend or girlfriend only cheated because of something they did, not the boyfriend or girlfriend. This is inaccurate thinking. When someone cheats, it is completely about them, their wants and desires. It is something that wounds us deeply, but realizing where that pain comes from really helps us move on. Their cheating wasn't about you, it was about themselves focusing on themselves. He thought about you when he was cheating and still did it, regardless of how far they went. You need to not be with this person, someone who was willing to hurt you in such a way. I've seen too many of my friends cheat and be cheated on. It is something people do, but that doesn't excuse these actions. You need to cut them off of all social media and get away. When my girlfriend and I broke up, I took a trip to visit my family in another state. Then I started to really focus on a few goals. I started going to the gym, working on a few of my books, and really focused on school. Distractions and tricks, though they seem silly, really help. And yes, you are going to think about them many times, cry about them, even ask why, but just know that you aren't alone. You have friends and family, people who care about you. Even people on this site can empathizes with you, that you deserve someone who would never do that to you. Good guys are out there who would never cheat. Find that guy who is worthy of you. I know we're supposed to be 'equal' but I always put women first, and the guy you want to be with should be on the same page, that treating his lady with utmost respect is someone you deserve. Give it time, lots of time. Time is a great thickener of things, and that's why time is so important. It helps from everything from happening at once, and right now is your time to mourn. But soon your time will come to put up your head and be stronger. There's a youtube video I really suggest you watch. It's called After Us. It's from Wong Fu. It helped me after I broke up. Take a look and I hope it helps

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry.

You delete and throw away most, if not all, the things that remind you of him. His number, his messages, his pictures, his gifts he gave you etc. You unfriend him and block him, so that you won't accidentally see his posts. Even if you're not friends with him, his posts might show up on your feed if his privacy settings allow it and one of your mutual friends likes or comments on it. That's why blocking is important.

When you're done deleting him, all you've gotta do is keep yourself busy. Allow yourself to think about it and grieve a little, but don't torture yourself with constant thoughts. You will become more and more used to not thinking as much about him, until it's only natural for you to focus on other things and thoughts about him will only appear rarely.

This is a good time to get in contact with people (friends, family, relatives) you haven't seen in a while. Rekindling old friendships will give you something new, yet familiar, to focus on which is comfortable. And of course, seeing old friends is awesome.

Also keep reminding yourself of the fact that not everyone is out to deceive, manipulate, lie to and cheat on you. Not everyone is like him and there's no point in thinking that all guys will just end up cheating on you, because that's not true. Isolating yourself like that in your own bitterness won't help. It won't help you move on and it most certainly won't help you find someone new. I'm not saying you're like that, but it's a very common thing when people get cheated on. They suddenly lose all trust for everyone, which is understandable I guess, but at the same time very extreme. Try to prohibit yourself from thinking like that and allow yourself to trust people again.

What Guys Said 6

• you delete, forget, and continue striving forward through all the pain until eventually you don't feel it anymore.

• You forget that douchbag from this moment right away and move on.. you wanna cry? Then do it! But dont keep it inside! Just take it out! Let it out!

• you need something to occupy your mind while you get over the ex. Join a club or get a hobby or anything along those lines...

• let go of the past so you can live in the present. be smart. you choose what you want to feel.

• Cut them off and forget about them, start nailing as many people as possible to purge myself of that person, then return and try to bang some of their friends.

• Dont go back to the cheating cunt like 99.99% of girls do.

What Girls Said 3

• You realize that the person was a fucking moron and you tell yourself that you can do better... Then you do better. :)

• Awh I'm so sorry. When I'm sad or angry I like to smash things :)

• You be thankful that you are not still with the person you almost settled for. You tell yourself that the short - term pain of discovering the truth is better than the long - term pain of finding out , years later, you believed in an illusion.

Cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. When you put your trust in someone you get one of 2 results. A lesson in life or a friend for life.

Betraying you shows his true characte and it is a statement about who he is... not you. So don't allow his wrongdoing prevent you from putting your trust in someone else.