How to move friendship to the next level?

This girl and I are really close friends and I'm just recently starting to fall for her. We talk constantly, usually by text, but recently it's been a lot more phone calls usually going on for a couple hours and I

starting to think about her all the time. We had gone out one time before but it was a few years ago back in middle school and we have been friends since. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on how I should tell her I'm interested?

11

What Girls Said 1

• My only worry with something like this is becoming a placeholder. It is sad but some women have a tendency to use men as placeholders until the real deal comes along. That is why it is so hard once he is in the friend zone to look at him as more than a friend.

What Guys Said 1

• The best way to let someone you know you want a relationship is to tell them. Seriously.

In face is optimal, but if you're too shy, a letter would do.

Communication is going to be key in any relationship, platonic or otherwise.

Well obviously you have two choices:

1. You take a risk and go for it and see her response, and be prepared for the worst.

2. You remain just friends, and accept the fact that you'll never know what could be.

Well obviously you have two choices:

I say take the risk, but it depends on what is worse: not knowing, or knowing for the worse. I know it would drive me insane if nothing happened, and to always want something more. So I would say go for it, and if she's not interested then take it as it is, and move on. I mean there is the potential for awkwardness after that, but things usually work out in the end if they were meant to.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D