I really miss my ex, should I message him?

I broke up with my ex a while ago, because we were having major communication issues. We both still had feelings for each other, but it wasn't working.
It's been a few weeks, and I've started to really miss him. Despite the problems, he is a great guy, really nice and did treat me well. I'm starting to wonder if I jumped the gun. I wanted it to work, but he wouldn't tell me how he felt about everything.

I haven't spoken to him since. Do you think I should message him? Nothing dramatic, just a normal greeting to see how he's going.

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Trust and communication are two of the most important pillars to a healthy foundation in a relationship. I'm sure you trust him, but it's clear that you both suffered to communicate. Every couple has to work at this, but if it got to the point where you couldn't work things out and had to break up, that should say something to you. Breaking up hurts and even if the person is really great, obviously things didn't work out. So contacting them is only going to make you hurt further, more to the point that you're going to make that person suffer as well. Unless you're completely prepared to overlook the reason you broke up and get back together with them, I highly advise against making contact. If you feel, however, that you can work out the communication issue, then by all means text him and say hello. It all comes down to how you feel and what you really want. But whatever you chose, you must be all in or it will only bring you more pain.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in your own softie spot here, dear, there may come a time down the love line When... I should message him?
    You both share some history and with Not much "He said" to Your "She said" on your own end, open lines of convo were One of your biggest problems in this relationship which left a sour ball in your mouth, and caused everything to go South as two birds of a feather.
    Give him a Shout and just ask how he is doing? This is a good start to starting off small and all. He just might like you, be Missing the Kissing and decide Haste made some Waste and now it is time To... Talk turkey.
    Sometimes it takes a bit of grease to get the wheel to squeak and I also believe that when two people love one another, Anything can be worked out. However, it does take two to tangle and two To... Tango to the beat of a heat beat with words so sweet.

• That was one of the most adorable opinions I've ever read, thanks for making me smile :)

I'm taking your advice, and @XRabbitHeartX and going for it. Wish me luck!

• He said he can't be bothered talking to anyone, and that he's not chatty. When I said I'd leave him be, he said it wasn't me he didn't want to talk to, and that he'd always tell the truth. Then he sort of drifted away. I told him to send me a message if he wanted to talk.

• Okay, fair enough, sweetie, and with this, a new day today and focus on YOU.. someone is more deserving of someone amazing like you.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• I think you should!

If you're willing to try to work through your issues with him, and take a different approach at your relationship (if you both decide to get back together) , then sure.

Some things are worth a second chance.

Hopefully he feels the same way.

Of course, you're not going to jump the gun.
    Greet him, and take things from there.

• If you broke up with him then it is your job to go back and tell him you made a mistake. Asking him things like how are you and stuff is very difficult to make sense of when you have been dumped. You should never be vague with someone you dumped. It hurts and your ex won't know your intentions. Just tell him the truth and see what he has to say. Respect his feelings too by not playing around. He is likely trying to move on and heal so don't make it hard for him.

• Thanks for your advice. The reason I'm a bit hesitant to be blunt is that he didn't seem to care when I left. When I tried to talk to him in the weeks leading up to it, he was very dismissive, and when I told him I really cared about him, but I didn't know what to do anymore, he just ignored me.

• @Asker

Well it's worth one last shot. Maybe he was still pissed off over getting dumped.

• Maybe... Maybe he still is. He doesn't want to talk to me.

• Just message to ask how he is , that may open the way up for you to have regular contact with him. It's sad for a relationship to break down due communication break down. Good Luck! 💜😊xx