How do you get over a break up?

So I just called it quits with my guy. While we never were offical, we've been together for a year. I've broken up with guys before, but I've never cried over one. In fact, I've never cried over a guy in my entire life. He grew distant, wouldn't talk to me, didn't want to by intimite with my anymore, because every time I asked he said now. But this was coming, because I was sick of getting treated like a sex object. it really hurts though, because I really liked him, maybe even loved him, and I was going to give him my virginity, now I'm glad I didn't. But what I need is some advice how to get over him. Because I don't want to be crying over him and want to move on in my life.

Okay, I don't get it, I tell him last night its over. But today, he's called me like four times. First he called while I was in a dr appointment, I told finally answered and I told him I was busy. Since then he called me twice and texted me many times.
He's acting like last night never happened and him ignoring me didn't happen either. Does he like not get it or something. I want to stop all contact, but he doesn't seem to get the picture.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• I tell people this all the time: come up with a list of all the things that this person did that hurt you or was damaging to you. Come up with a list of reasons why you want to be with this person, and a list of reason why you don't want to be with this person. I recently went through this and when it was all said and done, when the dust finally settled from the thrill of having that person, I couldn't find one solid reason to be with her. And really just remind yourself of how unhealthy the relationship was and that this is the best for you. Also positive affirmations work too, here's a few that you can repeat to yourself in the showers or in the car or where no one is watching:

I am better off without him

I won't let him manipulate me

or whatever works in your case.

What Guys Said 2

• I say find a new hobby, something to do when you start thinking about him.

All I can say is if love was meant to be easy you wouldn't have to look for it.

• focus on the sh*t he put you through rather than the good times you had and you should be able to start to realize what kind of person he has become and relinquish those old feelings of love for him

What Girls Said 3

• I've never been broken up with seeing as I'm still with my first boyfriend but my older sister has gone through her fair share. Things she used to do was talk about it with her friends, window shop, listen to empowering break up songs like Jessie James- I look so good (without you) or Christina Aguilera- Fighter, and every time she would think about her ex she would say a positive affirmation to herself.

Even though I've never broken up with anyone I still say daily affirmations to give me that little boost of confidence whenever I may need it.

Keeping a journal also helps. I've been writing in one every night before I go to bed since the age of six!

• Let me give you some advice that my dad gave me. When you break up with anyone you care about, of course it is very painful and only time will heal your heart. The most IMPORTANT advice I can give you is this: Imagine that your being dragged by a rope behind a moving car. You need to let go, otherwise the pain becomes more and more unbearable and it really wrecks your self esteem. The minute you let go, the pain will stop. If it is true love, it will always find it's way back to you. Take this opportunity to figure out what you want in life. Never forget that there is always someone else out there and that you WILL find someone that treats you the way you want to be treated. You need to get back out there and start dating. Once you find someone that you really click with and feels perfect for you, you'll be thanking your lucky stars things ended the way they did. Trust me.

• I broke up with my ex a couple months ago and our situations are pretty much the same. Before we broke up, he grew distant and stopped showing affection. I'm not completely over it but it's much better than the time we broke up.

DON'T call him, I know it's hard and really tempting, but do not contact him.

Do things that make you happy; sports, read, chill with friends, whatever it is.

Write out your frustratins and anger on a piece of paper and rip it up :)

I think the best thing to do is to talk to your friends and family. People who love you, they'll listen to you and support you through this

Let go, this might sound cheesy but it's true, time heals all wounds

I hope this helps :)