Why would ex be so cruel?

My ex and I were on and off for a year and a half, largely due to my temper and anxiety but he also could be moody and had commitment issues. The most recent time we broke up (he said i'll never change ) he got with someone new a week later. 4 days after he allegedly met her i sent him a long post seperation email with lots of personal stuff in it. i got a reply from his new girlfriend telling me to leave andy alone and stop sending stupidly odd essays. he's with her now and she'll be treating him right.

how could he be so horrible as to show her and let her reply?

51

Most Helpful Guy

• He's moved on it seems. It seems you should as well. You may never know the entire story as well. Perhaps the new girl pried and looked through his phone. Girls can be quite cruel to other girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think my ex did the same. :(
    He broke up with me out of the blue making me believe we would have talked about it, but immediately after he started seeing a coworker, hiding it. And when a few weeks later I discovered everything I was so incredibly hurt. I sent him a couple of heartfelt text messages saying something personal (talking to him was not easy, the couple of times I met him I became very emotional and could not talk without crying). But I have the feeling his new girlfriend read them, because after this text exchange his behavior was hot and cold (hot, caring and sorry for what he did to me, almost like he wanter to fix everything, when she was not around; cold, angry and distant like he did not care at all about me when she was around). I was so hurt and felt betrayed even more. I felt violated. How could he be so horrible and disrespectful. I stopped talking and sending him email and text all at once. What I shared with him was only for me and him, not to be shared with someone else! She probably checked his phone, who knows. She is probably keeping him in chains, as he tried to contact me when she was not in town (I did not reply). I am not gonna share anything of my life with him EVER again. I don't trust him anymore. And I do not want to give her any advantage, so that she can learn how to treat him "right" and make him happy the way I did.

Women can be very mean to other women, and guys can be very stupid when it's about women. Do you think the girl my ex is seeing now felt ANY shame when she stole my boyfriend? She was new in town and needed company. And he was taken - for some, this is very attractive, unfortunately. Of course he let her, without shame (or better, thinking with the wrong organ).

I hope that what goes around turns around.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Well? Why DID you send him a long winded essay if you two have already broken up?

Seems like his new bird is right.

The relationship was shit from the start because it was "on and off". You're a grown-ass woman, this break up/get back together again bullshit should have ended with your teen years.

Grow up, move on and fix your emotional issues before getting involved with anyone else in the future.

• Well
    In a relationship, if I catch my guy texting with his ex, I could be thinking 'Does he still feel anything for her?'

But he showed me the text, to proof that there's nothing to worry about

• Because it's over

• I would feel very hurt too, and i would feel betrayed even though we weren't together. For the fact that we had a long history together.

You stated , "She'll be treating him right "', but he won't be treating her right and eventually she won't tolerate his issues and moods.

Sometimes you learn more about a person at the end of a relationship than you do for the entire time you've known them. So you have learned you can't trust him , because anything confidential will be " broadcast," to other people