My (ex) boyfriend won't talk to me anymore?

My boyfriend (who I've been dating for 3 months) and I broke up because he's moving away at the end of the summer (his parents live in another state and offered to pay for his tuition if he moved in with them). Thing is, I was already feeling really sad about problems I've been having at home and so when he gave the news it was too much to take and so I started crying. It would've been nice if he'd hugged me or comforted me in some way but he just seemed to freeze up and didn't know how to deal with it. Just sat there. I wish he would've said something. Anything. Talked to me about how he was feeling and stuff but it just seemed like he didn't care. And that hurt. To feel like I'm the only one who cares about the relationship ending. He said he'd be drinking a lot because it's the only way he'd be able to deal with it. Which isn't what I wanted to hear and it doesn't make me feel better. And the fact that he's already changed his relationship status on Facebook to single just hurts so much :( He hasn't unfriended me, though. It's been 5 days and he hasn't contacted me at all since. And all I wanna do is text him even though I know I shouldn't. Maybe he's waiting for me to. Any advice?

I mean, it's not like we ended on a bad note. He's leaving the state at the end of the summer and I was under the impression we would remain together until then (because we never actually said we were breaking up). But then I saw what he'd done to his relationship status, and... yeah.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry for your breakup but there's nothing you can do about it. The relationship is over and you should stop hanging on to it even though it's hard not too. You need to start moving on from it and getting over him. Hanging on will do nothing, but hurt you even more. Best of luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• The writing on the wall and all here, dear, is showing me and it should be showing You as well, that he has Already Move on and has it in his head that the Offer that mom and dad gave him on the 'Tuition' table far Exceeds anything you both had.
    If he hasn't even talked to you about keeping in touch through text or even Skype and has already jumped the gun by him having 'Already changed his relationship status on Facebook to single...' Then it is quite Clear how he is feeling and no need to find out More in Store, his lame duck excuse for wallowing in sweet sorrows with the boo-woo bottle was just a stage performance and the Worse I have yet to see.
    If my own husband from Egypt had thought this way, he would never have found me nearly 4 years on Facebook and Asked me to fly over to him and marry him, which I ended up doing and even living there with him for awhile.
    To me, anything that is not calling for a Passport, is a stone's throw and a Bigger Go for love to Continue... That is, if Both have the same feelings.
    Forget him, move on. Don't 'Wait' for him, he is not 'Waiting for me,' he is Packing and Planning for a future that doesn't include You. This is the pity price I feel he put on your relationship by family that coaxed him with their best from the rest. He may have Cared but enough To... Compromise.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 3

• Every guy has different way to handle his feelings, emotions and so he thinks not talking to you is the best way of going about it and according to him he will do what it takes to get over you.

• honestly, i don't think he loves you enough. if he did... he would find a way to make it work. the fact that he changed his relationship status to single suggests that you should move on.. you deserve a better guy than him.

• Guys are better at hiding emotions than girls, so he's silent because he's shocked and doesn't know how to respond. If he drinks a lot then he definitely cares about you, haven't you seen those guys that become drunks because they couldn't get over a girl?

What Girls Said 2

• 3 months isn't really a long time. Did he want to break up? Or did you just break up without knowing what he thought about it?

• While I realise that it's hurtful when someone who used to be a big part of your life suddenly disappears, that is how things are when you break up with someone. Five days is not such a long time, so there's no need just yet to think he won't be in touch. But you broke up, and not being in touch daily is absolutely normal and it's actually GOOD for you. You need to move on. If you keep in touch with him all the time as if nothing happened, it will prevent you from moving on. Try to resist the urge to text him.