Would you find it weird if your ex and your sister still talked after you broke up?

how would you feel if they were still friends after your relationship with ex had long ended? maybe they still talked cause they had mutual friends in common or she worked somewhere he went to on a regular basis and so they ran into each other there.

2219

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be bothered if we parted on good terms , but if he treated me bad and the relationship didn't end amicably, then i would feel betrayed by her.

My sister divorced her ex husband 6 years ago. He treated her awful and cheated on her 3 times. I was good friends with him when they were together. Although he didn't treat me bad, directly... he did indirectly , when he hurt my sister. I have never spoken to him since. I have loyalties towards my sister, so become her enemy... and you become mine!

Most Helpful Guy

• I only have a Brother but if he would do this, he wouldn't have teeth anymore lol.. nah, but honestly my Brother and I have set rules for this. Dont touch your brothers crush, Ex, girlfriend or be friends with a person your brother really hates. For example a bully or something like this. These are rules that my brother and I have set up without thinking much about it since its common sence. And it happened a few times the Ex's of my little Brother hit on me or my Ex's on him. But I show 0 interest and thats really frustrating for them and fun for us lol..

What Girls Said 21

• My sister, mother and father are still in contact with my ex boyfriend. But it truly depends on the situation. We were together for 5 years and he formed a relationship with my entire family. Even though we didn't work and we went separate ways, my family still spoke to him on occasion and keep up with him. He has a baby with someone and my whole family is very happy for him, as am I. This doesn't bother me but that's because we basically shared each other's families and became close with them. I don't hold any grudges nor do I feel like my family needs to cut him out because we didn't work and don't speak. The only way I can find that something like this would bother me would be if I still had feelings for him or we didn't have closure in our break up.

• No, I wouldn't find that weird. I think that breaking up with a person doesn't dictate that you need to stop talking to everyone you have in common. My boyfriend continued talking with my siblings, even going to their house playing the victim and disclosing stuff I never wanted them to know. I was pissed about it, but what could I do? Eventually they lost contact.

• My parents stayed in contact with two of my exes after we had broken up. Yes, it was very strange!! I just let them do their thing, really wasn't affecting me.

• you can't control who your siblings are friends with, just because your relationship with someone ended doesn't mean your sibling has to hate them too!

• I'm sure it'll be a little bit awkward but they can have a relationship outside of you. I'm sure there's plenty of other things for them to do and talk about

• i hate my ex, so i wouldn't want her talking to him again.

• I'm still close to my ex-husband's family and my family still loves him. One of the tragedies of the break up, frankly, is the number of friends who chose sides and were lost to the other one of us. It seems weird to me that all those relationships have to end just because ours did.

• Well for me if it's a relationship that ended on a good note I probably won't mind. But if it ended on a bad note hell no.

• I still talk to my sisters ex. I didn't have the issue with him. my daughter still calls him uncle. He is one of my best friends (platonic). I couldn't date him because he was married to my sister!!! But they are friends too. I think it depends on the reason why and each individual's maturity level.

• It's ok to be a little awkward about it and think it's weird but you can't do anything about it cuz if they are good friends then you gotta let it be

• Nope. Just because YOUR relationship with her ended doesn't mean the various other relationships she's built with others close to you has to end. It wouldn't be weird but if anything it would definitely be awkward.

• I wouldn't care as long as they didn't talk about me. Why would they end their relationship just because ours ended?

• Yes I would find it weird, I wouldn't like it

• Depends on how we broke up

• yes, that would be strange to me.

• Then he is not over you and tries to come back

• No it's actually pretty common for this to happen just not a lot of people know

• Depends, did you two end on good terms? If not. I would be upset because your sister should be your backup, your friend, not his. She could still be cordial but friends, talking and hanging out is a little much.

• Yes and she's terrible for that watch ur back she's got it out for u

• I think it's ok. Me and my ex still talk.

• yes i would.

What Guys Said 18

• Not so weird. I was invited to a birthday party by an ex-girlfriend and these people were there:

The ex-girlfriend
    Her husband
    Her husband's ex-wife
    The two teenagers the husband had with his ex-wife
    Her husband's ex-brother-in-law
    Me (ex-boyfriend)
    My girlfriend

We all like each other and we had a great time. If he didn't mistreat you then it's not so strange that he's still in contact with your sister.

• I liked my sisters ex boyfriend. So I was a bit disappointed when they broke up as after that I stopped talking to him. I suppose it could depend on the situation but generally that's how it's going to go and I would expect the same respect.

It might be different if we met before they were dating, but I met him through her so our relationship ends when she ends theirs.

• I wouldn't care

• Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa how about your ex and your mum? and your brother, and rest of your family? Fuck yeah its weird, just deal with that shit.

• Not if they just added each other as friends. If they talk to each other often, you may need to get concerned. This is ok, like a simple hi how's it going is ok but not stuff like, do u want to meet for coffee.

• Not weird but I would raise my concerns regarding the team she is on. Especially if the ex and I were not at good terms.

• I don't have sisters, but I'm pretty sure I'd disown her ass if she didn't know blood was thicker than water.

• I'm on decent to good terms with all my exes so I really don't care -shrugs-

• It would be awkward for sure

• My ex girlfriend and my elder sister are best friends! They were playing the game truth and dare, my sister said my ex to be with me again... and that is how I got my ex back, this happened 2 years ago.

• Its only weird if they talk about you or the relationship ended badly. But other than that its fine.

• No, i would respect it. Friendship is great.

• Not if they were close before hand when you introduce people you can't control how they feel about each other.

• Personally i would feel a little weird about it

• No. why should be dumping her effect her relationship with my sis or sibling.

• Nah, the relationship didn't work out but why would we hate each other?

• there is something wrong...

• My ex started hanging out with my best friend. She's using him as a surrogate because she's not allowed around me (her boyfriend is a very modern man, eh?) but she's slowly stealing him from me. It hurts.