Long term relationship ended and he went back to an ex - experiences?

So, I was in a relationship for about 2 years with this person and I broke up with him because I didn't feel like a priority to him. I talked to him about it before and though he profusely made it clear I was one of the most important things to him (in words, at least) things pretty much stayed the same between us. I'm not some dramatic, attention-seeking person either so it's not like I was constantly needy and no amount of attention was ever enough - I literally just felt like I was there for sex or to help him (co-parenting his daughter, chores, etc) and it didn't matter who he was with as long as it was someone.

The worst thing is that we initially had a thing a few years ago. It ended amicably but when he came around this time he laid on all this stuff about how it had to mean something that he still thought of me after all that time and how I was always so important to him and all this other crap. Now, I find out he's dating a girl he met shortly before he met me (& he had a thing with her as well though I don't know how serious it was) and now I feel like the whole relationship was a lie. Like, how many girls do you feel this way about? I was feeling fine about the relationship ending and just figured our time ran it's course and now seeing that he's with an ex just made me feel so bad again because, for a while there, I seriously thought we'd end up married and I truly loved him and his daughter. I invested legitimate feelings into him/the relationship and it's clear it wasn't really the same for him.

I don't know what I'm asking for. Maybe just experiences with similar situations and how you got through it? I'm sure I'll be fine in time but this is really upsetting me. =/

01

What Guys Said 1

• "I talked to him about it before and though he profusely made it clear I was one of the most important things to him (in words, at least) things pretty much stayed the same between us. "

^so i guess u were a priority to him in words only... if he didn't show any actions then u cnnot tell i guess.

" I'm not some dramatic, attention-seeking person either so it's not like I was constantly needy and no amount of attention was ever enough - I literally just felt like I was there for sex or to help him (co-parenting his daughter, chores, etc) and it didn't matter who he was with as long as it was someone."

^oh i see... so he has a daughter wid his X i suppose... how old r u both if u don't mind sharin?

"The worst thing is that we initially had a thing a few years ago. It ended amicably but when he came around this time he laid on all this stuff about how it had to mean something that he still thought of me after all that time and how I was always so important to him and all this other crap."

^so no actions at all as i said...

"Now, I find out he's dating a girl he met shortly before he met me (& he had a thing with her as well though I don't know how serious it was) and now I feel like the whole relationship was a lie."

^hm... i'm afraid u r right about this part. if he met her just shortly before then i'm afraid he was playin u all this time :(

" Like, how many girls do you feel this way about? I was feeling fine about the relationship ending and just figured our time ran it's course and now seeing that he's with an ex just made me feel so bad again because, for a while there, I seriously thought we'd end up married and I truly loved him and his daughter."

^i believe u should move on better... sounds like he's not a guy who speaks wid actions... and basically i feel bad about this other gal if in case she doesn't know he's being wid u as well!

"I'm sure I'll be fine in time but this is really upsetting me. =/"

^u do well actually... after all u r not datin him anymore... right?

What Girls Said 0