Why would my ex call me?

My ex broke up with me like 11 days ago, but a week after he did on Christmas eve he called. I didn't pick up so he left a voice-mail wishing me and my family a merry Christmas. Did he really call for that or did he just want to talk to me. Btw we were together for 5 years.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably just still cares about you, after all 5 years is a long time. Even thought you broke up he might still want to be friends. I bet he really did just want to wish you a Merry Christams and maybe he wanted to see how you have been doing lately too.

What Guys Said 1

• He probably wanted to see how you are doing and honestly wish you a Merry Christmas.

A little of both I would assume.. Nothing to be worried about though.

What Girls Said 3

• My guess is that he misses you or actually cares about you. He might of just wanted to talk and see how you were doing. Some guys are actually thoughtful, you may have found one of a rare breed of males. My ex texted me once just to see how I was doing, I found out he needed a place to stay. Sometimes they take advantage of womens good nature. Just stay calm and don't worry sounds like he wants to be freinds.

• It may be either of your answers. Sometimes I call people because I want to direct what I am saying to them but I am hoping they don't answer. After being together for 5 years, it is very possible he could miss you.

• My brother and his girlfriend (who is one of my good friends) just went throw the same thing and she called him on Christmas day but she told me that she called cause she does miss him and she wanted to wish him a Merry Christmas .. But if you two were together for five years he most miss you ..