Should I break up with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I haven't talked for almost a week now, we had an argument which led to this. He said the way I think irritates him and he usually says rude stuff without thinking. I told him I'll leave him alone until he wants to talk but I just feel like the reason we haven't been talking is because he's talking to someone else. Or I'm not sure :-( . I feel like I'm just a burden to him. It's only been 4 months but I love him. I just don't think that he cares for me anymore or likes me so should I just break it off? We've broken up before but this time it'll be legit breaking up because he says really hurtful things to me and it makes me feel awful. He's said that he's been using me for sex, or that everything I do annoys him, etc but how that was all out of "anger"and he didn't mean it. I'm just on the edge of giving up with him. If he doesn't contact me by Saturday im just going to break up with him because I've been in a verbally abusive relationship and I don't want to go through it again. So should I just break it off with him? Thanks for your opinions :(

61

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I think you should break up with him. You don't have to suffer like this.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you both cannot get on the same page, @Moaning, and you See that you are in this 'Verbally abusive relationship' with someone who you have only known and been with for a few short months, think how much longer do you really think you can take of him and this Relationship if you Permit it to go on Much Longer?
    I do not see anything but a full circle problem pattern going down a beaten path, just ending up to be a war of the romance Roses and Not going anywhere.
    There is No compromise, no Open lines of convo and with him saying things, even if it is 'Out of anger,' doesn't mean that when he is This furious that the truth really does surface.
    You are being shown no respect and if he doesn't try and make more of an effort to be a team member with you, then this so=called 'relationship' will end up going down the drain and perhaps it would be best for all concerned Because... I don' t want to go through it again.
    Fair enough, give him until this weekend and then close the chapter to this fairy tale that never called for this knight on the white horse, just brought a lot of manure instead.
    He could be very well 'Talking to someone else' and this is Reasons of the Seasons for giving you guff and lame duck excuses for even locking horns.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 5

• I'm sorry for what has happened ! I think u should break up coz if u broke up, before and he is still doing the same old stuff that pretty much means he doesn't care... Ur boyfriend shouldn't say rude stuff to u and to be honest if he really cared no matter how angry he gets he would never say that he used u for sex... Or u could tell him what u just said... I personally think that since u love him its better for u to write him a letter and put in ut everything u want to say... Tell him what hurts u and what's going in ur mind.. Make him read it alone without you with him or anyone.. Let him think about what u wrote.. And like that u will be able to tell him everything without forgetting things when u see his face... But one thing, did u tell him that those things hurt u so much?

• Leave him. You deserve someone who will respect you. If he doesn't respect you now I don't think that he ever will.

• Why would u even put up with that?

Fine, he was angry. But that is never an excuse to insult the one u love. Assuming he loves u, which doesn't seem to be the case here. Otherwise he would treat u differently.

U will b better off.

• Yes you should, because you deserve so much better! You deserve a guy that fights for you and with whom you're happy. Sometimes love just isn't enough...

• he's gonna go all emotional if you do. but I don't know, he used you for sex... and that is not love... tell him to apologise and if he refuses then let him go and break the contact with him.