How do I deal with a break up when I still love her?

I had this girlfriend who left 3 months for a summer trip in Europe. During her trip, I slowly became possessive and clingy with her through my messages by Facebook. Gradualy, this caused the loss of her feelings. I didn't know how to deal with her at the other side of the world. I wasn't like that when she fell in love with me, I tried to convince her of it because I knew that I wouldn't be always like that. So we saw each other on her return, it was fantastic and I though that it was working again, but after 8 hours we were making out and she said she had to go to the toilet, she came back and said it was over. She said we got along well and she was comfortable around me and in bed, but she wasn't in love anymore. I asked to try one more time, but she declined, saying that she knew that the love wouldn't come back. At the time, she loved me like crazy and if it's not that way anymore, it's all by my fault. I feel incredebly guilty. She even blocked me from Facebook, because it would be easier for me to move on from her point of view. Two days later she was dating other guys. I still love her from the bottom of my heart. I wake up sweating at night and I have dream about her, everyday. I've made horrible mistakes. She was the first one to make me feel love, she was precious to me. I had relationship with other girls, but I didn't knew what love really was until I met her. I don't know if I can find that love again. I don't even know how I can stop from loving her and I'm afraid I won't be able to really move on until it's done. I tried everything to move on and to convince myself that she wasn't the right one, but in the bottom of my heart, I still love her and I have the feeling that she was the right one but I wasn't able to keep her. I'm asking you because I really don't know how to deal with this.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, from my perspective, it doesn't seem like it was your fault at all. I believe that when she realized how clingy you were and how much you loved her and missed her, she just realized she didn't miss you as much as you did her. Maybe she changed when she was in Europe. Maybe she just didn't really love you as much as she let on. Regardless, don't blame yourself, because it most likely wasn't something you did. It's also possible to fall out of love, so don't give up hope, just find some way to keep yourself occupied so you don't have to think about her so often. With time you think about her less and less. All the best!

What Girls Said 1

• Just move on.

• How am I supposed to do that?

• Even tough I can't accept this, I still love her. I tried to convince myself that I don't, but when I wake up in the morning I think of her. Love is irrational. I guess it's like a father who love his son no matter what he does.

• Time will heal you.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, you yourself said that possessiveness and clinginess on your part had made her lose her feelings, you know these are not attractive qualities. Now that you know the mistakes you made in your relationship, all you can do is learn from it and not repeat it in future.