Is it normal that I still think about my ex even after 6 months from the breakup?

We were together for 3 years and he broke up with me because he fell out of love with me. I took one week out of work just to sit at home, eat icecream and cry my soul out. Then I decided to get my life back on track. I started going to the gym, focusing on the work, hanging out with friends and family, picked up some new hobbies, etc. Basically I made myself as busy as I could, just not to drown in depression. It got better in a way that I don't love him anymore and that I am looking foreward to some big changes in my life (moving to another country that I worked so hard for during these past months), but somehow I still think about him every single day. I can't be busy 24/7, there are times in day when I just want to relax, and that's when he pops on my mind. Not in the way that I miss him but in the way that I'm wondering what he's doing and think about past (usually about the bad stuff). And every morning I wake up he is the first thing on my mind. It's like I can't control it. Sometimes I imagine him calling me and then I think of what would I answer, and then I hope he doesn't call. But still, 6 months and every day? Is something wrong with me? Is there anything I can do to get him out of my mind?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean a Complete Break Through where you do Not sometimes down the love lines find yourself Just... Somehow I still think about him every day.
    You both have had these '3 year' His and Her history here, dear, and that is something, no matter how busy a beaver you are, hard to Forget, no matter how hard you try.
    '6 months' and still counting is really not very long since you both broke up. And with each day you stay a busy bee, each day will heal these wounds where eventually down the pain lane, More gain and More like Memories of The Way we were. Those will never evaporate.
    It might take you a bit longer because of your long term Involvement. However, I believe you are off to a great start of Beginning a new Beguine of what you have Started and with Time... This does heal all war wounds.
    No, you are Quite Normal. It took me 7 years when I was 16 year old to get over my First love. However, I did date others, comparing them to him. But finally found closure a week before he got married, to put everything to bed in my head and realized Then... It wasn't the same anymore and I was now all grown up.
    There isn't much you can do to make this all go away over nite. You are not some robot where you can just push a button and it will just disappear. You have feelings, you have a heart, and for now, to suffer in silence is something hard to live with, but I promise one day, will be much Easier to deal with.
    Good luck. xx

• 6 months is nothing compared to the three years you have spent together. You should not be too eager to have him out of your mind and just accept the fact that it will take a long time for you to finally be thinking about some other things. You should not try to fight your thoughts about him, but accept them instead because whatever you resisit will persist.
    You have already took one big step forward by falling out of love with him, try not to worry about your thoughts and you'll see that they will slowly fade away.

You could also ask yourself these questions "What would it change to my life if he calls me?" "Would that make me feel any better in a long term?"

Good luck :)