Is playing World of Warcraft (or some other game) good after a breakup? Will it help me think less about him?

I am somewhat of a gamer, but not as hardcore as I used to be. I was with my (now ex) boyfriend for 3 years and now I am left with all these thoughts about him, that I can't handle anymore. I need something to do, some hobby or something. I do go to gym after work, but I feel like I still have a lot of free time during the day and that I should do something about it. There's no movies or tv shows that I didn't watch already, and friends and family are rarely free, only sometimes during weekends. I can't do sport because I have a minor physical disablity, so there's really not much left to do. I am considering getting into gaming again. What do you think?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it will help distract you from thinking about your ex. From time to time you will find yourself thinking about the breakup but thats natural. Sometimes its good to think about the relationship and realize what you got out of it. It seems you've got it all under control so good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never played WOW
    But do whatever that distracts you from your breakup, if you like WOW, just play it

What Guys Said 3

• Playing World of Warcraft is bad. Playing Skyrim is good.

Skyrim.

• yeah mmorpg seems a good idea to distract your mind in my opinion

i played FF 14 realm reborn , though..

• By all means, find a distraction... just don't let it consume you

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!