Guy broke up with me after we had sex... was it the sex?

I was dating a guy for two months, he was really hesitant about sleeping with me. I think this is because he has some seriously horrible stuff in his past, he was in love with an ex-girlfriend who passed away. He started to be a little more withdrawn, like texting me hardly ever, after two months but I didn't think anything of it because he was still happy to see me & he told me he was 'crazily attracted to me' We ended up sleeping together and I gave him oral and swallowed (I love doing that and I told him so). He told me 'I deserve someone a hundred times sweeter and better looking than him.' The next morning he was lying in bed watching me pack (I was going home for the weekend) and he was really quiet and looked angry or sad. Then he broke up with me, saying that I was too good for him, the classic 'It's not you it's me' speech. Was it something about the sex? Maybe I was less attractive than he thought I was? (I have quite small boobs :\)

24

Most Helpful Guy

• He has issues in his head space, probablyly stilll grieveing too.
    Let him be, your not his therapist and it's not your responsibility to re-build him.
    Reminds me of a quote " Its easier to drag someone down than lift someone up "
    Get on with life, with luck in the future maybe he gets his shit together and catches up

What Guys Said 3

• sounds like he has trust issues. After what happened with his ex, he's probably scared stiff of commitment in case he gets hurt again. can't blame the guy really.

I would talk to him if i were you. tell him that you want to be with him, allow him to re build his confidence and let him know you are there for him.

• I don't know guy sounds really damaged
    bullshit excuse, my advice would be to move on and dont date people who are mentally unstable

• Actually, he has insecurities and he is still attached to the deceased girl. You should go to him and tell him how you feel. Otherwise, you will regret not being with him. I would have the same reaction and I would expect the girl to come back even when I said it is over. He is definitely looking for emotional support. You should be strong and try to talk to him and make him feel good again.

Be a little more committed and caring.

What Girls Said 2

• I thought my ex-boyfriend broke up with me because of this reason too. You're situation sounds very like the one I was in with him. But the reason my ex broke up with me was actually because he has his own personal stuff going on, stuff I still don't even know to this day. Is it possible he could have broken up with you because of that?

• He wasn't the right guy. Doubt it was ex