I'm on a break with my boyfriend & he's kind of ignoring me, why?

My boyfriend of 3 years and I started a break in our relationship 2 months ago for a variety of reasons. I moved out (we lived in a room shared with roommates and I am subletting a friend's place while she's away). In the beginning he was always trying to see me but then after a few weeks that changed. He said he realized I was just breaking up with him in the nicest way possible & he was really, really sad but now he has to focus on work, etc because he is afraid that if we did decide to get back together that I would just realize I still had these feelings two months from now and he would get hurt all over again. Very valid and very possible and maybe he was right. Maybe this is an actual breakup, at least it seems that way now. I ask him to meet so we can talk and he agrees but then suggests something as a group with our other friends. I tell him I want to meet just us and talk and he doesn't seem to like the idea. He also is very slow responding to my messages. I don't quite understand the behaviour because if we are broken up he said we should stay friends but he's not being very friendly. Why is he acting this way and what should I do?
He has his mother staying at his apartment now for a few months & has been spending all his time with her and I think maybe she is advising him on these things but I'm not sure... he also talked to a friend of ours and told him that I don't seem to be putting much effort into things. I see it the other way around... maybe someone can help clear things up here...

31

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't want to risk emotional suffering by getting (or giving...) false hopes.

Sorry, the relationship is over. Be realistic: being friends isn't going to be a good idea, and being alone together is even worse. Move on. This was a breakup, there is no such thing as a "break" from a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not supposed to talk on a break.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I think he's moved on

• Hi dear i read your comment and i want you to email me on my private email there are some special advice and tips i would want you to know and also do ok, this is my email mccartkatty@gmail. com i will wait for your mail