Is this considered a break up?

My boyfriend of 5 years and I were going to get together two weeks ago to talk about moving forward with our relationship as in marriage/kids. We were supposed to meet at a restaurant, but he showed up one hour late, drunk and got confrontational with the waiters and customers. He cursed everyone out, including me and left me in the restaurant with the food served in front of me, untouched because I was waiting for him.

It has been two weeks and he hasn't called me to apologize or to at least give me a clean break up if that is what he wants. Especially, I had made it clear that at this stage of the game if we don't share the same goals then we should go our separate ways. Not an ultimatum, just reality.

Today I went on Instagram and saw a few pics of him and his family. They went out to the beach. He looked different, clean shaven and new clothes too. I cried because I used to go with them everywhere. I miss him and his family very much.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like a world class jerk. I think you're so much better off without him. He didn't treat you with the respect that you deserve. He might have his good family days. But sounds like he'll always have asshole days and won't eve acknowledge them. Do you really want to start a family with someone like that?

• You are right. We have great and beautiful times together. Then he acts out be it jealousy issues, mistrust towards me with no reason, the drink, etc.. I really believe in him and that we could make this happen. But I feel I might believe it more than him.

• Maybe I pushed him a little too far with the "moving forward" appointment, but if he didn't want it then why not give me a clean break up. We have know each other 5 years not 5 weeks. I am so disappointed.

What Guys Said 2

• He has still not spoken to you? right? then I would say this is a breakup.

• That is a break up and he is a drunk. Don't listen to instagram. IT DISTORTS REALITY. I can't tell you how many friends I have that post pictures on instagram of them smiling when they are really dying on the inside

What Girls Said 1

• seems he moved on and wasn't man enough to politely split up with u, so he made a fool of himself because he didn't know how to. he's a jerk and u deserve better.