My new man of two months said he wants to get married one day. But that he wants to get married in 5-6 years. Is he wasting my time?

He married his last two girlfriends after 5 minutes. Why can't he be bothered marrying me?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• You heard from him how well the last 2 marriages worked after a short time knowing them. You also know what the definition of insanity is, right? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? Like several have mentioned, he's taking his time to get to seriously know you before making that step. He's matured, and protecting himself. Divorce is exceptionally difficult emotionally to handle, even for guys.

He was honest enough up front. You obviously see something worth while in him. Don't be surprised if he realizes after a couple years, he feels comfortable enough to offer you a ring. Take things one step at a time.

Most Helpful Girl

• he's wasting your time.

What Guys Said 5

• Because he probably finally understood that marrying that fast is a stupid idea. And the last 2 girlfriends prove it.

• Why would you want to marry him so fast? He's being patient, and that's a good sign.

• Yes he waste ur time

• Because you're the safe option should he not find someone younger. Given your age, a yes to a proposal is largely a given, so he will dangle the carrot until he's certain whether he can get a younger woman or not.

• Because making the exact same mistake three times in a row, is beyond stupid.
    (Even twice is stupid enough)
    If you've ever divorced a woman as a man, you'd know.

He's protecting himself... because the laws will not.

What Girls Said 4

• He probably realized that because he married his last two girlfriends in 5 minutes, that's why he's not married to them still. Lol I don't see this as him wasting your time, I see it as him being more mature and realizing that it takes more than "5 minutes" to get to know someone and decide to spend the rest of your life with them.

• He married within five minutes? It's clear to see why things didn't work out.

He wants to give things time.
    He has learned from his mistakes.

If I were married that many times I wouldn't be rushing into marriage again.
    It also loses its value when you marry that much as well.

I think he should give things time.
    However , given your age and that you may want to start a family I think 1-3 years sounds more reasonable.

• Because, his marriages with his last two girlfriends failed. Has it ever occurred to you that he actually wants the relationship with you to succeed and not fail? Him marrying them after 5 minutes is probably the reason why they failed in the first place. This only means he wants to be more careful and wants to make sure you're the one. You're looking at this from the wrong perspective.

• Troll much "he married his last two girlfriends after 5 minutes".